Antagonist in the air

Sonk was pondering his encounter with Knickels at floating demon island when he was startled by a strange sound coming from the hurricane. Despite it being dangerous Sonk still peered back and away from the sky in front of him in order to see what the cause of the peculiar sound was. At first he didn't see anything of note but then he noticed that he was going down!
"DINGUS!"
Sonk shouted, deciding what to do, leave the hurricane or try and save it. He had decided what to do at the speed of sound (even his wits are lightning fast!). Because Talls was the last to use the hurricane Sonk wanted to preserve the scent of Talls so he decided to save it even if it was the death of him. Sonk quickly tried to reverse the downward spiral in which the hurricane was headed by forcing it. Sonk's veins were poppin' as he thought
"LOOK AT MI VEINS!!"
Which came out of nowhere as if a writer wanted to insert an inside joke into very serious and original story :)
Sonk pulled and pushed as hard as he could as the sweat dripped down his average sized forehead on to his now bulging

Legs. He could see land was close. All he had to do was keep pushing through this extreme emotional and physical pain in which Sonk was enduring. He shouted as he realised that the hurricane will be damaged no matter what happened. The land was drawing nearer and nearer as Sonk's thoughts went at an extreme pace, possibly faster than the hurricane (because he's really fast, if you couldn't tell). The hurricane had made contact with the land in an epic crash that left Sonk in a horrible state. But he recovered that minute (get it, because he's fast). The same could not be said about the hurricane which was in a state more horrible than 3D sonic games. Like forces and lost world were really horrible. Those two are arguably some of the worst entries in the series. What? Oh yeah Sonk, my original creation. Sonk was panting as he rushed toward the hurricane in an almost comical fashion. He slid his hand across what remained of the hurricane. A sharp piece of the rubble cut him. Luckily he had his amazing white gloves to soak up the pain of the rubble. Mid-way through this very weird moment of Sonk being kind of obsessive he had made a shocking realisation.

Where

Was

He?