Chapter 12: The day you left

Albus POV:

Me and Gellert were sat with Ariana in the living room, she was teaching Gellert to plait his hair. A funny thing to watch. This scene was interrupted by Aberforth storming down the stairs, the sound of ruffled of paper accompanied it.
'This is SICK.' Aberforth pointed to the papers that I now realised were out plans together. I jumped up, 'you had NO RIGHT to go into my room Aberforth.'
'How many muggles are you planning to kill anyway...thousands? Millions?' He ignored making me realise how awful it all sounds.
'You don't understand vhat vere trying to do' Gellert snapped, standing up beside me.
'I do! You're planning to abandon us to find the Hallows and rule of the magic and non-magic world.' Aberforth shouted, waving the paper drastically.
'It's not like that Aberforth-'
'I know what's it's like Albus, don't fool me i-'
'YOURE WRONG.' I yelled, making them all silent.
'Vhat me and Albus are trying to achieve is a better life for vizards, freedom.' Gellert explained.
'Yes.' I agreed, now doubting that this was all wrong and I needed better judgement.
'You don't do that by killing everyone!' Aberforth threw the papers at us and looked at me, 'surely you see this isn't right Albus,'
I was split, Gellerts ideas made so much sense to me and I wanted to go with him to achieve it all, but what Aberforth was saying made me question if we were going about it the right way. Before I could say anything I saw how visibly mad Gellert was, he walked slowly towards Aberforth until he was inches away from his face, 'you're just a stupid. Little. Boy.' he spat. As I reached out to pull him away from Aberforth, Aberforth went to push Gellert away from him, at the same time, Ariana had walked over and put her arm on Aberforth's arm. We all were thrown back, I looked around and realised we had all apparated. It was a beach, the sea rolled onto the sandy shore, rocks scattered around.
'Vhere are we?' Gellert shouted. I stayed silent, not knowing what to do.
'She brought us here,' Aberforth said, gesturing to Ariana. He took her away to sit behind some rocks before quickly returning, standing beside me. 'Gellert, just...calm down.' I pleaded.
'Do you believe this to be true Albus?' What he's saying?' Gellert asked.
I hesitated, 'I don't know.'
'After all ve've vorked towards!?' He yelled. I hated this, his face an expression of extreme anger towards me and Aberforth.
'I no longer believe the muggles are lesser than us as you do Gellert.' I admitted.
'You can stand to live under this oppression?' He asked, confused.
'I don't think it's right to go about it like this, killing them will give people the wrong impression.' I explained.
'Don't even bother Albus, he could never understand,' Aberforth said.
'And vhat is it I do not understand?' Gellert yelled at Aberforth.
'Emotions! Why it is wrong for someone to die! You don't know what it's like to love someone and feel loved!' Aberforth shouted.
'That's enough Aberforth.' I silenced him, he was wrong.
'No, he's right.' Gellert whispered
I turned around, 'what?'
'I know nothing of love.' He looked at me dead in the eye. As the words spilled from his mouth I felt my whole world beginning to fall apart. My throat closed and I was struggling to breath, an awful feeling spread throughout my chest as I watched his face.
'Gellert?' I stuttered, 'y-you can't mean that.' I felt tears beginning to sting my eyes.
'It is pointless, I see no need to care for it.' He said, clearly not caring I was visibly shutting down. I felt faint, the world a blur, everything I knew was a lie.
'Albus, let's take him.' Aberforth drew his wand, pointing it at Gellert.
I stood in front of him, 'No.' I whispered, trying to hold it together.
'Why? You can't tell me you still love him after that?' He said through gritted teeth.
'I can't .' I whimpered, a sob threatening to leave my throat.
'What you're going to let him leave?!' He exclaimed in horror.
'We can't...kill him, I can't...kill him.' I cried, my tears giving way and staining my cheeks.

Gellert POV:

My heart ached in pain I'd never felt before until I fell in love with Albus. Of course I didn't mean it. How could I? The reason I said those things was because I was angry, angry that he had changed his mind after all we had talked about. One sentence from his stupid brother and he completely changes his mind? Or maybe he was lying? Either way it really got to me. But when I saw how Albus was looking at me after I said I didn't love him, I instantly regretted it. His eyes were lifeless, he was going to cry although I could see he was trying to contain it. The fact I'd managed to inflict such pain on a person...on Albus. I would never forgive myself for the way he was now. Despite what I had just told him, he still stood in front of Aberforth, who was ready to kill me. He was willing to die for me? I didn't know what to do, I couldn't take back what I said, I've never taken back anything I've said. Besides. He's already broken. I drew my wand, pointing it at Aberforth.
'Arm yourself Albus.' I spoke, I didn't want to say these things, but I did anyway. Albus did nothing but stare at me in disbelief, irritating me further. 'ARM YOURSELF, ARM YOURSELF NOW!' I ordered, pointing my wand at him. He drew his wand but did not point it at me. 'Fine then.' I replied, rage coursing through me, I couldn't control it. 'CRUCIO.' I yelled, my wand pointing at Aberforth. He fell to the ground shaking and crying out in pain.
'STOP.' Albus shouted, collapsing onto the sand, 'GELLERT PLEASE STOP IT, HURT ME, NOT THEM PLEASE KILL ME, KILL ME.' He begged, his tears rapidly streaming down his blotchy face. I couldn't stand to see him like this. But I didn't show it. I stopped. Watching as Albus supported Aberforth up. I knew he would never forgive me after that, ever. Everything was ruined, I had let my anger get the better of me. I shot a spell at Aberforth which Albus deflected I cast a few more towards Aberforth but Albus deflected them all instantly. I knew he was powerful...they looked at eachother, shooting their wands together, exchanging power into Aberforths spell and casting it towards me. Me and Albus can't fight eachother because of the blood pact. It continued like this for a while in our duel until I managed to send Aberforth flying backwards.
Me and Albus shot a defensive spell towards eachother, they collided, I forced my power closer and closer to the end. But he was strong. He managed to push my spell eventually to the end of my wand and hit me with it. I fell backwards. As I stood up, Aberforth and Albus surrounded me. 'Expelliarmus!' I cast towards Aberforth, disarming him and I turned my wand on Albus. I hit him with another defensive spell and he fell onto the floor. I pointed my wand once again at Aberforth walking closer. As I was about to harm him, Albus quickly apparated over to him and deflected my spell.
'Gellert, stop this.' He pleaded.
'Vhy?'
'Because you're hurting my family!' He said sternly.
'And when have you ever truly cared for your family?' I yelled, again instantly regretting it. I saw the pain I had caused him again.
'Let's finish him.' Aberforth said, grimacing. He stood beside Albus opposite me. I wished Albus was standing next to me, so I could take his hand and tell him I didn't mean any of it. I wanted to, but I didn't.
'No!' Albus protested, trying to pull back his brother, Aberforth shot the killing curse towards me. Shocked, Albus shoved Aberforth.
'DONT YOU DARE!' He screeched, tears spilling down his face once again.
'Albus! We can't leave him.' Aberforth urged.
'Let's settle this now Albus!' I shouted to him.
He took one last look at Aberforth before turning his attention to me. He and Aberforth both raised their wands to me, I shot defensive spells at Albus and harmful ones at Aberforth, i noticed Albus was not only blocking the spells towards him and Aberforth, but also the ones Aberforth sent towards me, it was soon a whirlwind of blocking and getting hit by spells, sparks flying everywhere.
'Please stop fighting.' A small voice spoke, I ignored it, continuing to fight.
'P-please stop fighting.' The voice asked again, a little louder than the first time. Again, they were ignored.
'STOP FIGHTING.' Ariana screamed, she had somehow ended up standing to look at us all. Then I saw it. The small, sweet, innocent girl exploded into a black mass of power, knocking us all backwards into the sand, our three curses  heading towards her. There was a green flash as I watched the life fade from Ariana's sad eyes, falling backwards into the sand.

Albus POV:

Stunned, I looked at Gellert, dizzy with heart break and Ariana's outburst. I was confused to see Gellert look horrified and shocked. I followed his line of sight and saw the corpse of my dead sister, her hair flowing in the wind.
'ARI!' I heard Aberforth shout, running towards her. I stood up slowly, I didn't know what was happening anymore. As I walked over to Ariana's dead body, I hoped that she wasn't really dead and she was fine. But that hope vanished when I saw her ice pale skin.I turned to look back at Gellert but he apparated. Gone. I heard Aberforth's cries as he ran his fingers through Ariana's hair.
'This is all your fault!' Aberforth yelled at me, his eyes had never looked upon me with so much hatred. I felt guilt wash over me, drowning my mind. 'Aren't we leaving?' He said, looking up at me, waiting for us to apparate since he couldn't outside school by himself. I hesitantly placed my hand on his shoulder before apparating to Godric's Hollow. Everything felt different, sad, cold. I felt different. I stared as Aberforth carried Ariana's dead body out to the living room. I didn't go in, he didn't expect me to. I looked at Mrs Bagshots, deciding not to go, not right now.

That night I couldn't sleep, I wanted him, to hold onto him, to feel the warmth of his smooth skin against my own. I wept as I realised I would never know that feeling again, what it was like to be around him. As for Ariana, I couldn't rid of the guilt for once second, that my actions had led to her death. Ariana...after all my mother's care and caution, lay dead upon the floor.

This was inspired and sort of based on the fan made depiction of the duel between Aberforth, Gellert and Albus by Broad Strokes Production titled 'Dumbledore and Grindelwald-The Greater Good-Crimes Of Grindelwald Prequel' on YouTube which is amazing and I love to watch