Chapter 51: The Hearing

Gellert POV:

'Draw your vand as soon as they reach for there's. If not, sooner but don't be hasty,' I instructed. My hands clutched the ancient, beautifully crafted wand I'd stolen all those years ago. A sign of my power and something I felt completed my already evident strength. I wanted them to see it, to fear me as they understood my true power. I may have been a rebellious teen with a dream but look at me now...an unstoppable threat to the world.

Slotting the wand back up my sleeve, I made eye contact with the dark, emotionless eyes of the former Credence Barebone. Determination radiating off him as desperation clung to his body language. His eyebrows lowered a little in concentration as he too put his wand away, differing to put it in the pocket of his high-waisted grey trousers. Holding his gaze, my mind swam to choose the correct moment to reach for my wand, to challenge him but not be an unreachable goal as I easily could make it so. He's no match for me, especially with a wand he never owned.

Swiftly flicking my arm, the elder wand dropped into my hand. Credence had predicted my movement and was already pointing his at me by the time I pointed mine. He's getting faster, I want to work on his agility before we practice harnessing his power. It will be easiest, besides, Albus is quick, dare I say quicker than me. I guess we'll find out soon.

'Perfect!' I smiled, slotting my wand back and gesturing for him to do the same, 'That's enough for today, practice alone ready for tomorrow,'

Just as I pivoted on my heel, Credence said meekly, 'How will I fight him...my brother,'

Without turning back I responded, 'I vant you to use your unique power rather than your wand...it's just a precaution, something to fight those who vill prevent the bigger fight but vhen it comes to your brother, use your power,' I explained, 'Understand?'

I didn't get a response, concluding the conversation as I made my way back down the hall. The time is close...I can feel it, it's not long now I will finally have what I want. Justice for the wizarding world, wizard domination and not to mention stopping that disgusting, pointless muggle war I warned them about years ago. That's still going on, it's been 4 years and they're still relentlessly killing. I tend to avoid all subjects about it but I just can't pull myself away from thinking about such things. That will stop when I rule everything. No more wars and that's final.

As for preparation, we are all set. Credence is fairly skilled with his wand and can harness his power well, I have no doubt he will be a valuable asset, something Albus doesn't have. Queenie is more than willing to do anything to ensure her future with Jacob as it is likely she will see him when the time comes for the final duel. Vinda and Abernathy are also ready, loyalty shown and power enough. The three Carrows too are equally powerful and prepared. The rest of my acolytes are already anticipating such things and have been for quite some years. Finally, their incessant begging will be silenced by the victory achieved with my bare hands wielding the most powerful weapon known to wizard kind.
I am ready.

Albus POV:

Straightening my tie, sweat dripped down my face as I speed walked down the familiar shiny, green tiled hallway of the ministry. There was only 2 hours until Hagrid's hearing and I was nervous to say the least. Why was I even here? It's not like I knew the boy...oh right, Travers. The man who I feel lives just to torture me every day of my life. The questions destined to be asked I can't even give answers for. He probably still thinks I'm on Gellert's side when in fact I've gone sleepless nights trying to figure out how to destroy this stupid thing shoved into my left inside pocket. He just continues to think the worst of me.

My sharp footsteps were stopped as I found the door and knocked twice. It opened to reveal, not to my surprise, Travers. His greyed hair gelled back and hands linked together. He looks mad, really mad. I took my seat and waited for him to speak first but he didn't. We sat in silence for a good few minutes before I opened my mouth.