Chapter 16 - Ethan

"Which one are you leaning towards?" I asked.

She beamed.

"Ethan!" She squealed. She threw her arms around my neck, almost knocking me over. I laughed and hugged her back. She was happy to see me. This was good. This was great. This just might work after all.

I would need to remember to thank Sara after I woke up.

Still in my arms, she pulled back and stared at me. Her eyes sparkled. God. She was beautiful. But why was she just staring at me? Shit, did I have a goober on my face? Would she tell me if I did? Could that even happen in a dream? Shouldn't all dreams be booger free?

Suddenly she dropped her arms from around my neck and returned her attention to the paths before us.

"Sorry," she mumbled.

"For what?" I asked, honestly curious.

But she didnt answer me. She just shook her head and gave a slight shrug. "I dont know which to choose." She asked looking to me for guidance, "Which one would you pick?"

I turned to study the paths. This journey wasnt really mine. It was her's. I didnt want to influence her choice as that would do me absolutely no good in long run. She had to make the decision by herself. This was something I couldnt help with.

I looked back to her. "I dont think I can make that decision for you, Haven," I said softly. I didn't want her to think I wouldnt if I actully could because that was far from the truth.

Her eyes fluttered and she cocked her head to the side. I didnt understand the look on her face so I took her hand, placing it between both of mine. Meeting her eyes, I wanted her to know, without a shadow of a doubt, how much I truly meant what I was about to say, "But whichever one you decide on, I promise, I will go with you."

She looked at me in wonderment, and I caught her eyes fall on my lips. My heart stopped. I felt a stirring within my pants. Was she going to kiss me? Would she finally?

But no, she looked back to the trails before us. I let out a breath I didnt know I was holding. DAMNIT.

SO CLOSE...

"Okay," she sighed. I felt the determination in her tone and now I was nervous. Would she choose the right path?

She held my hand, interlocking our fingers as she pulled me to walk with her. To the right. The far right path. THE right path! My heart soared. "Thats the one I would have picked," I whispered in her ear.

No, no, no, no, no!

Go back to sleep, Ethan! Damnit.

GO. BACK. TO. SLEEP!

But it wasnt going to happen. I was awake. Unfortunately, I was wide awake.

I had left Seth and his women shortly after my conversation with Sara and went straight to bed. I was going to test her theory. And I was quite excited about the possibility. I wanted to believe Sara was right. I hoped that she was. But then there was the smaller part of me that couldnt believe this was actually a thing. Soul mates? Pft. Come on now.