Question 507

Meggy: Yeah, great idea! (runs over to Brian Jackson II) Brian! You have that footage of me swimming, right?

Brian: Yes, I do, but I didn't know where the studio is back when I recorded you swimming.

Meggy: It's okay. I know where it is, but can I borrow your phone first?

Brian: Sure. (gives Meggy his phone)

Meggy: Okay, see ya! I promise to bring your phone back after I send the video to Off the Hook. (runs to the studio with the phone in her hands) I'm gonna be famous! (makes her way to the studio) Pearl! Marina!

Marina: Yes?

Pearl: What do you want?

Meggy: Take a look at what I can do!

(She showed them the video of her swimming, as they dropped their drinks once they saw the moment happening.)

Pearl: Oh... my... god.

Marina: You can swim?!

Meggy: I sure can.

Pearl: This is amazing! First you saved all of Inkopolis from a war, then you got 50 million dollars and a mansion, and now you can swim!

Marina: You'll be the swimming Inkling that has everything! Of course we'll put the video on our show! And we'll interview you as well!

Meggy: Thanks!

(Later, Off the Hook came on, and Pearl and Marina looked excited.)

Pearl: We have something very awesome to show you all today!

Marina: My heart is beating so fast! Just... roll the clip!

(They showed the clip of Meggy swimming, and every Inkling watching it was surprised, while Infinite and Crystal cheered for her.)

Infinite: You're gonna be famous, Meggy!

Crystal: We're proud of you!

Pearl: That's right, everyone! We are looking at the first Inkling that can swim!

Marina: But that's not all. We have her on the studio waiting to interview with us!

Pearl: You recognized her as the girl who saved Inkopolis from the war back in January.

Marina: And she also has a mansion, complete with 50 million dollars given from all of us in Inkopolis.

Pearl: You may have seen us performing at her wedding.

Marina: She's married to a human.

Pearl: Ladies and gentlemen...

Marina: We present to you...

Pearl and Marina: Meggy!

(Meggy walked in and was greeted with tons of applause, as she started her interview.)

Pearl: So, Meggy. First question. How did you learn to swim?

Meggy: Well, it was during my honeymoon with my human husband, Mario. I was given a potion by one of my close friends named Infinite. The potion gave me the ability to swim, and here we are now.

Marina: It was a potion?

Pearl: Dude... we gotta get one of those potions!

Marina: Isn't that right, everybody? Don't you wanna be just like your new here, Meggy?

(Everyone cheered.)

Pearl: Meggy, you gotta tell your friend, Infinite, to make more of those potions for everyone in Inkopolis!

Meggy: Yeah. That does sound like a good idea.

(They continued the interview for 10 minutes.)

Pearl: Well, that's all the time we have, everyone.

Marina: Thanks again to Meggy for coming on! Let's give another round of applause to the first Inkling to ever swim, everyone!

(Everyone cheered for Meggy once more, as she left the studio to be greeted by tons and tons of Inkling fans.)

Meggy (thoughts): Wow. So this is what being famous is like. Awesome!

(Meggy tried to make her way to Infinite and Crystal, but that took longer than it needed to since the fans are going crazy for her. She was then unexpectedly starting to crowd surf with the help of all the Inklings.)

Infinite: You can count on us, Meggy! I'll get started on making those potions for everyone in Inkopolis!

Crystal: And I'm gonna be your bodyguard, seeing as there are so many fans going crazy for you and I don't want them to bother you all the time.

(The fans took Meggy to her mansion home. On the way there, they came across Brian, and Meggy tosses his phone at him. He caught it, as they made their way to Meggy's mansion. They let Meggy in, and Crystal closed the door before any fan could get in.)

Crystal: Everyone, listen up! Meggy is new to this whole "getting famous" thing, so she'll accept and be with all you fans whenever she's outside. She'll give you autographs once you ask for them. She doesn't want to let all of you down, but she wants to be left alone for now.

(The fans walked away, understanding what Crystal said, as Meggy started to celebrate inside the mansion.)

Meggy: I'm finally famous! My lifelong dream is complete!

Mario: Meggy, what's going on?

Meggy: Everyone now knows that I can swim! I'm now famous!

Mario: Meggy, that's wonderful! (hugs Meggy)

Meggy: (hugs back) Thanks, Mario.

(Futaba and William heard what Meggy said and congratulated Meggy on her success. Her popularity has just begun.)