Chapter 33 | The Return of a Familiar Face

Disclaimer: I do not own anything related to Doctor Who, for the exception of my character.

A/N: Yeah, it's been a while. How are you guys liking the new season of Doctor Who so far. For me it started great, but the two last episode wasn't that good, to be hones. In fact, I do hope the next episode would be better, I guess this season's would focus on the past bit probably because on my observation, the story seems more interesting when the episode happened on the past; well for this season at least.

Anyway, that's all I got.

Onto the story!

0o0

Sarah Jane Smith was wondering the corridors with Mr. Finch. He was showing her everything he wanted her to see, but the way he talked, the way he acted, was telling Sarah Jane what she wanted to know, telling her every assumption she has on the situation. She was descending a flight of stairs alongside the Headmaster, listening attentively as he talked about the changes he'd implemented.

"My improvements aren't confined to the classroom. Oh, no, no, no, no, no. We've implemented a new policy. School dinners are absolutely free. But compulsory. Do not try the chips." Mr. Finch encouraged, as he gave her a suspicious smile.

"Oh, I'd love to. Thank you!" Sarah Jane replied brightly, before she directed the conversation back to her investigation, "And it's got to be said, the transformation you've brought about is amazing. I mean, maybe you're working the children a little bit too hard now and then-" She trailed, eyeing the Headmaster intently.

"Hmm?" Mr. Finch hummed questioningly his brow furrowing slightly in disagreement with her statement.

"But I think good results," Sarah Jane quickly moved on upon seeing his reaction, her initial suspicions increasing, "They're more important than anything."

"Exactly," Mr. Finch agreed. "You're a woman of vision, Miss Smith."

"Oh, I can see everything, Mr. Finch," she murmured, a smile of her own, curing her lips as she fought down the urge to grimace at the man instead, "Quite clearly."

0o0

Lunch, chips, and outburst forgotten, he ambled down to the staff room and found a teacher who wasn't on his suspect list to pry information. The Doctor sat on a desk, a biscuit in hand, the packet in the other as he held it towards the teacher, who was called Mr. Parsons and trying to have a small talk with him as he leaned over against the desk beside him.

"Blimey you're a live saver," Mr. Parson said as he took one of the biscuit. "I've forgot my lunch, and chips aren't really my favourite."

"Help yourself out then," the Doctor said as he gave him a polite smile. "Chips not really my thing either, probably that's why I'm getting this biscuit."

Mr. Parson nodded. "You're the new physic teacher, aren't you?"

"Yes. Er... John, John Smith," the Doctor introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you John," Mr. Parson shook his hand in firm gripped as he gave him a smile. "How's your class so far? Catch any delinquent yet?"

"Nah, I was surprised how smart they are, and how behave they have been," the Doctor said. He gave the teacher a knowing look. "Like this boy in my class, Milo his name, answered all the question on university level with ease."

"Tell me about," Mr. Parson exclaimed in response. "Yesterday, I had a twelve-year old girl give me the exact height of the Walls of Troy, in cubits."