Chapter 13

Kyrei's POV

"Hey babe..." I said in a broken tone.

"Hey," Rex whispered.

I couldn't help but stare at him as he laid in the hospital bed. He actually died on me, but they managed to bring him back in time. I lost the guy I loved after he said he'd never leave me like the others. I couldn't be mad at him though.

I was upset that he hurt his self again, and I was upset I came so close to losing him forever. But I couldn't help wonder what drove him to do this. For now I'd leave it alone, because it was way to soon to ask him about something as serious as that.

"D-Do you h-hate m-me?" He said a little louder.

"No, I just can't believe you did this."

It was more then that, he made a promise to me not to cut after the day he explained why he did in the first place. Now he breaks it, and I feel more empty then I ever have before. I would always be in love with him, but I didn't know If I would handle this really well.

"P-Please b-babe, p-please s-still love m-me...I was j-just upset b-because my f-friend R-Ry t-tried to jump!"

I felt my heart breaking as tears started streaming down his face, and I knew I had to comfort him. I moved over to the side of his bed and carefully kissed his forehead before cupping his face with one of my hands.

"I'm so sorry love...and I'll always love you, no matter what."

"R-Really?"

"Really love."

Without watching his wrist Rex threw his self in my arms and I could hear his sobs growing. I picked him up and sat onto his bed with him on my lap. He didn't sound like he would stop crying anytime soon so I pulled his white covers over us and rubbed his back gently.

"I'm s-so s-sorry!"

"Shh babe...don't be..."

I held him as close as I could without possibly hurting him. I hated seeing him like this, and as usual this felt like it was all my fault. Which it basically was since he was crying over thinking I wouldn't love him.  He shouldn't even think I wouldn't, I was his forever and he was mine.

"I-I thought y-you'd be m-mad at m-me..."

"Babe I love you, I couldn't be mad at you. I was upset that you did this, but it was your choice of dealing with your pain...I just wish you would have picked a safer way."

"I'm s-so s-sorry..."

"Like I said, don't be love. Thou wouldst be loved...then let thy heart from its present path part not...being every thing which now thou art, be nothing which thou art not. So with the world thy gentle ways, thy grace thy more than beauty...shall be an endless theme of praise and love; a simple duty."

"...What?"

I chuckled, "I take It your not a fan of Poe?"

"You...like poetry?"

"Why is that so surprising? His work is usually depressing, which is the exact reason I loved it."

"S-Sorry just didn't think..."

"A prostitute that's rarely sober would read poetry?"

"I didn't-"

"I know. It's just better to stick with the hard truth then try to make it sound like it isn't so bad."

Instead of answering Rex put his head against my chest and sighed. When I looked down at him I couldn't stop the smile that came to my lips. He was perfect in everyway to me, even after recent events he was still my sexy boyfriend.