Chapter 19

The walk was nice. It was very calming and welcoming and speaking with Ally was way easier than Lauren really thought it would be. Ally listens in a way Lauren has never seen from another person, especially if associating with mafias. Ally had a soft spot too. Lauren could see that from miles away. Which in fact it actually scared her.

Could others see her soft spot and just not tell her? Was she obvious? Did she ever slip? It messed with her a lot, but she didn't let it get to her. She could control it... she knows she can.

Now Lauren was in her room, staring at the ceiling, allowing herself to relax, and just let her be soft. Lauren was going to be busy in the morning. She had a job to do.

___

Lauren woke up bright and early the next day. A coffee was placed on her desk as requested and note from Ally saying to be careful out there. She chugged down her coffee, got out her latex jacket, her bandana, gloves, knife, pants, and combat boots from the closet. She quickly changed and reported to her father's office right on time.

"Glad you're on time my angel. Are you ready for your assignment?", Lauren's father asked in stern voice.

"I'm ready father.", Lauren stood boldly and presentable.

"Good now listen carefully. You'll be heading into the Regular's territory today. There's a man named Bill Crow and he's a very wealthy man. Recently reports from some of our members show that Crow had picked up a package from some ally way local. That package contained a highly elite bomb that should be in my possessions not him. So I need you to head to a hotel called "Hotel Snooze" he's located on the seventh floor. Find him and do whatever is necessary to get that bomb and also please be extremely careful you're still highly wanted my angel.", Mike explained the assignment to his daughter.

"Of course I'll be careful father and I will return with your bomb safe and sound in your rightful possession.", Lauren confirmed reassuringly.

"Very well then. Get to it.", Mike ordered.

Lauren nodded and swiftly excited her father's office. She rushed out of the building, down the dirt path through the Hood, and onto the streets of the Regular's homes. No matter how many times Lauren had traveled over here it always felt so foreign. She simply couldn't wrap her head around on how people can live such lives with no enemy mafias, guns, blood, and killing. Regular's were so strange.

Lauren noticed that it was still much too early to begin with extracting the bomb away from Bill Crow. If she were to attack in broad daylight she would be instantly noticed and possible killed. She wasn't going to let herself slip up like that and die in such a wuss way; if she was gonna die she would die in a blood bath battle.

To kill time Lauren hid herself in an ally where a bunch of drunks and smokers hung out. They really didn't seem to mind Lauren's frightening appearance although she did cause shivers to tremble down the low live Regular's spines. Lauren smirked as she saw them shiver at her presence it made her feel so powerful that she could cause such reaction with her just simply walking through an ally.

It pleased her very much. Lauren made small talk with a few of the smokers that laid about since the drunks weren't worth use of her energy to try to conversate with them.  The few people she spoke to knew a lot of the inside outs of the city and how the police and news don't ever shut up about bringing Lauren to justice.

It made Lauren chuckle. She barely comes to the Regular's area and she is still wanted after all this time? It was quite silly, but she always shook it off.

It was coming close to dusk and it was now the perfect time to start her assignment. She bid farewell to the those she had spoken to and headed for the hotel. She arrived there shortly and Lauren took a look at her surroundings. The hotel stood kinda barren and a bit distant from the city. Not that Lauren minded; she actually thought it was perfect.