Darkness Is Your Nightmare (Ch. 7)

It was quiet... too quiet...

Nothing to be heard...

Nothing to behold...

"Where am I...?" you may ask...

But that question is all but heard.

Sonia slowly arises from her slumber and finds herself in a black lagoon, floating across the mucky waters, and shivering in the cold. Reacting too soon, the girl tumbles deep in the water, feeling gunk and slime as she resurfaces. The current within was too fast to swim out of, and the only barricade to keep her from possibly falling down a waterfall were a few surfaced stone slabs embedded within the watery ground. Sonia struggled and strained as the current grew nastier and nastier, slowly crushing her against the slab. Sonia immediately let go of the stone slab and her body rushed across the current. Water splashed and swiveled and threw itself all around as Sonia tried her best to swim away.

"Why must I hide..?" you question... "Why must I try to run away...?"

Life is a river that holds all your pain...

The currents trap its victims in its grasp...

Purging the souls as they fall into the gaping mouth of the falling waters...

As the ginger violently tries to swim out of the river, the sounds of water rage on as the river's edge nears by. A voracious waterfall lies at the end, with a gaping whirlpool surrounded by spikes waits for her. Sonia's screams in shock and tries her hardest to swim away, only to leave herself stopping midway as the current pushes her with the same force as her swimming. The more she tried, the less she availed as her arms grew tired from vainly pushing against the current. As Sonia looked ahead of her as she swam, she believed that she saw spirits of herself running into her. In fright, Sonia suddenly stopped swimming and the current pushed her away, making her fall down the thirty-foot waterfall.

In order to save herself, Sonia grabbed onto a nearby branch. The branch was old and decrepit, with the only life on it being a simple leaf. Sonia held on tight, but watched as the branch she held onto could not keep her upward forever. The vivid leaf slowly wearied in age at a rapid speed, dying right before her eyes with every second that passes. The branch also began to give away, startling Sonia as she tries to hold on tight, not wanting to die. The moon above was blood red, and the skies were shades of violet mixed with blood. Sonia shut her eyes tight until she felt gusty palm stroke her cheeks. The girl opened her eyes and saw a spirit, whose face is deliberately faded so Sonia could not fully recognize it, floating before her... looking into her eyes.

One never forgets their past...

The mistakes you make...

The secrets you keep and the secrets kept from you...

The people you encounter, living or dead, standing before you...

You may not recognize them... but they will always recognize you...

The spirit saw that the lowly branch that held Sonia was ready to die, and began to release it from its bearings. The spirit attained Sonia's sword right before her eyes, and used it to cut the branch.

"PLEASE!" Sonia pleaded, "DON'T LET ME FALL!" But the spirit did not listen... it continued its work so that the branch could be put out its misery.

Your feelings and actions cannot be bottled forever...

They are always watching you...

Your demons will always come back for you...

And you will SUFFER...

A snap is then heard... the damage was done... Sonia screamed a fatal scream as she began her descent down the long waterfall. As her body dived down the falls, Sonia looked to see that the glowing spirit changed into the Nightmare Demon as it stares down at the frightened girl. Sonia screamed as she fell down, she looked and saw as the inner hole of the whirlpool was the only place where spikes did not protrude from the ground. It was a big gamble to see if Sonia would make it.... The ginger shut her eyes tightly, not wanting to view the sight right before her eyes... A sudden flash of white blasts into vision... colors and objects faded into the distance... The Nightmare Demon then shrouded everything into a black abyss, and then floated off into another part of Sonia's mind, planning to plunge her soul into blackness... making her suffer slowly and painfully.

In a dark area, surrounded in nothing as a small light shined upon her body, Sonia cried out as she felt a part of her mind die inside... as her cried out, her body, starting with her feet, were slowly cocooned... and her light slowly faded away...