The Legend Begins (Ch. 2)

Planet Earth, a world of ever-evolving human beings and luscious greenery. Here, we visit a small town that goes by the name of Orujinshinaka, a calm place of whimsy, especially in the fall when the annual harvest moon shines. It is a town of both country and culture, where the treetops glisten, and the sun fits perfectly between two hills. The townsfolk are always friendly, and the little amounts of crime do not hinder the town's humble reputation of, "Home of the Harvest Moon, where peace and serenity are always welcome." Currently, the town rests gently in the midst of the fall season, and the local school has already begun its second day of session. As the school bells ring and class is soon in session, a blue van parks by the entrance of the school.

"Alright, here we are. A brand new town for both my brand new job and your first day at a new school," spoke a fatherly voice, "Won't it be exciting?" The father turns to see his daughter, a teenage girl at around the age of fifteen or sixteen, having her headphones on while reading a fantasy comic, lovingly lost in its hypnotic magic. The story that enthralls this girl is of a heroine who spends her average days going through the motions of everyday life, but secretly is a mystical girl destined to fight the forces of evil in the dead of night. The girl's father politely taps her, snapping her out of her trance.

"Sonia," the father called politely, "it's time for school, dear." Sonia looked up at the school, and then to her dad. Her feelings began to range from excitement to slight depression as she remembered that in her backpack were letters from her old friends from the city she lived in before she moved and a gift that her mother gave her. The orange-haired girl looked at her father with worry. Her eyes twinkle in confusion and fear. Sonia's father gently holds her hands and looks at her in her eyes, gently kisses her forehead and whispers some loving advice in her ear, calming her and encouraging her to make lots of new friends. Sonia opens with small smile as she gives her dad a loving hug, then she grabs her backpack and heads out of the car.

As she stands at the school, Sonia turned her head to her father one last time as he waves to her and drives away. Sonia sighs before catching sight of the school's sign. One that reads, "Orville J. Redmonn High School," and heading inside. The school is floored with tiles of black and white, posters featuring upcoming school events such as a harvest dance, cartoon characters teaching kids on learning, and sports award cabinets located on different floors of the school. Teens wandered about, catching up friends, chatting, discussing homework, playing cards, and more. As quiet as a mouse, Sonia calmly heads over to the office, passing and sliding by people without confrontation or confusion. That is until she hears a boy break out in a hearty laughter which takes Sonia by surprise. Little did she know is that she then bumps into another girl. The girl she suddenly bumped into greeted Sonia with a pissed off glare.

"Hey! Why don't you watch where you're goin'!? You almost wrinkled my $95 Egyptian-linen jacket!" yelled the brash greeter. This young woman was a blonde, wearing intense, expensive jewelry handcrafted from the fine jewel makers of Swarovski. This girl was plastered in make-up and eye shadow, and her actions resembled that of a real drama queen. Sonia stood there with her eyebrows drooped over her eyes nonchalantly as the girl berated our out-of-touch newcomer to the point of just ignoring her and walking away, pissing off the blonde even more. Sonia grumbled to herself as she began to thing, "If this is gonna be who I'm gonna be with for the rest of the year, I would have taken going to work with my Dad..." A relaxing sigh rolls down Sonia as she finds her way to the principal's office. There, the office manager, Ms. Weldon, welcomes Sonia with a delightful smile. Her face has the look of a part-time smoker, while her personality was as calm as a panda. She discerns the young ginger to the school and hands her schedule while rambling on about her previous endeavors, how much money she makes, and her endless loads of awards for dance competitions. Sonia quietly leaves the room as Ms. Weldon continued to ramble, hinting that this new year was going to be a very long one. A very long one indeed.