Darkness Is Your Nightmare (Prologue)

It had been a few months since Solaria's beginning onslaught on the human world, and it certainly has been months ever since Sonia first battled Solaria. But there is one problem that still remains...

"Why can't I sleep?" asked a groggy voice. It was two o'clock in the morning and Sonia's eyes were awake, full of gravel in the corners, and red as the veins looked almost like they could pop by a single touch. The ginger could barely move freely as her body began to shift back and forth by force. Sonia tries to warn her pets but to no avail. She had no control over the force that assaulted her mind. All that Sonia could see were flashing nightmares left and right, dark imagery of a demon-like being attempting to kill her through first-person imagery. Shuddering in fear, the only sense of sanity that Sonia had left made her jolt up and shout herself awake. The girl slowly looked around her room and saw that everything was normal. Nothing was going to get her, not even the "monster in her closet" or the "evil man under the bed." Matthew and Scruffles, on the other hand, look at Sonia in fright and were in their protective state.

"Jeez, Girly. I know I'm a nighttime cat, but there ain't no reason to be waking me up at the dead of night trying to make your own version of "the boy who cried wolf," Scruffles reacted when she realized that there was no danger. Matthew came into the bed and nuzzled Sonia gently. Scruffles came and did the same thing, but mostly just to get Matthew out of the way. Sonia gave both her cat and dog a hug and then slowly fell back to sleep. An hour passes, and Sonia, Matthew, and Scruffles all sleep together in bed calmly. However, as Sonia's eyes were closed, her mind was awake, and her dreams were returning to that evil creature haunting her dreams. Her dream-self fought hard and fought with all her might, but suddenly began to succumb to the manipulative beast. Just then, in reality, a tiny black hole opened up Sonia's head, causing her to grab her bed sheets tightly and grind her teeth in pain. Once the hole has enough energy, it proceeds to suck Sonia inside the black hole. Matthew yelps, waking Scruffles and sees the hole suck her inside. Both the cat and dog grab Sonia's hands and pulled as hard as they could in order to free her, but the force was too strong, and the effect sucked the trio into the tainted nightmare of Sonia's mind.