The Legend Begins (Ch. 7)

Six in the morning, and a bleeping alarm clock awakens Sonia to a grudgeful push. Not only was her alarm loud, but it also startled Scruffles, who jumped high into the air, screeching then clinging onto Sonia's head in fear. Sonia grumbled and forced to get Scruffles from pulling her hair out, regardless of how painful the process felt. Feeling like it was too early to get up, Sonia shuts off her alarm and catches a few more nods of sleep. The fall season makes the morning feel dark, giving Sonia the chance to sleep easily without the sun blinding her face. Matthew, who regularly enjoys waking up an hour earlier than Sonia, walks into the room to find Sonia trying to sleep in.

"This girl is going to miss the bus if she goes around sleeping in bed all day," Matthew sighed. The dog carefully climbed onto the bed and walked to Sonia's face. Staring at her contently, he then proceeds to lick her face a few times. Sonia suddenly opens her eyes from the licking and grumbles, "Okay-okaaaaay, I'm getting up. I'm getting up..." Sonia slowly sits up and rubs her eyes so that her body doesn't strain her, then begins to walk over to the bathroom to start her day.

In the bathroom, Sonia turns on the sink, opens her mirror cabinet to get her toothbrush and toothpaste, closes it and then suddenly sees what looks like a demonic birdman. Sonia quickly gasps and shakes her head to make sure she wasn't dreaming. Just as she opened her eyes, the entity had gone away. Trying to process what she just saw, Sonia slowly peered around her mirrors as she brushes her teeth. "Is something there...?" she thought while holding her toothbrush tight as she brushes her teeth, unknowingly scrubbing a little too hard on her gums, causing some small spurts of blood to fall into the sink. Once she finished, Sonia stripped down for a cleansing shower.

The shower fixtures always begin with cold water until slowly heating up each passing second. The steamy, warm water allowed Sonia to relax and wake up as she grabs the soap and rag and began to wash up. The mist begins to fog the mirrors, and the steam slowly covers the bathroom. As she showered, an eerie sound faintly penetrates Sonia's ears, opening her eyes to look around swiftly through the foggy bathroom. Believing it's nothing, Sonia goes back to washing her hair. The sound of the drain pipe slowly rumbled violently, sucking in the water in a giant roar. The pipe rumbled harder as a beast slithered its slimy, misshapen body out from the drain and loomed heavily over the young ginger. Sonia jumped as she felt an odd bit of slime rush between her toes. There, she finally got a good view of the beast behind her.

A tall, slender, spiny, and slimy being stood before her, with dark green eyes and a disfigured face. Sonia began to scream loudly, grabbing the curtain in order to blind the beast, but the monster cut through the plastic before eliciting a monstrous roar. Matthew barged in the bathroom as soon as he heard the roars, and ran through the fog. The golden hound lunges with mouth agape, then sinks his teeth in the demon's backside. Sonia took the opportunity to escape, pull Matthew away and lock the beast in the bathroom. Scruffles, who was hiding under the bed, cried out, "What the heck's going on?!" Sonia quickly looks at Scruffles gasps, "The amulet!" She then grabs the jewel from Scruffles as it glows red violently as she puts it on.

"Gah! How does this thing work?!?!" Sonia cried as she shook the amulet violently.

The demon then blasts through the bathroom door and charges at the unprepared Sonia, ready to strike. Suddenly, the amulet creates an impenetrable shield around Sonia, Matthew, and Scruffles, countering the thrust and causing the demon to discombobulate. The amulet then unleashes a powerful laser, piercing through the demon's chest. The slime demon EXPLODES, showering much of Sonia's room in demon sludge. Just then, Sonia's father barges into the room, holding a baseball bat to protect Sonia. But all he saw was his daughter and his pets standing there, shivering naked. He didn't even try to question the hundreds of red stains all across the walls. And in turn, Sonia couldn't even say a word. How could she? Would you really ever actually tell your parents about an unforeseen supernatural cause that happened to you in your own room? They'd probably think you're insane or something. Yikes...