Patrick Hockstetter

LAB RAT

     "No. No damn way am I being you're fuckin' lab rat for your psycho project." Patrick groaned at the offer you had given, crossing his arms and huffing out like an immature child.

     "Psych, Patrick. It's psychology. Though if it were a psycho project, you'd fit the part perfectly." You returned sarcastically.

     The misfit of a boy had been your close friend since childhood, as your mothers were the best of friends. Your friendship was very obviously forced. He was the complete opposite of what you were. Patrick harmed others, tortured animals, obsessed over fires, and created unwanted chaos. He viewed you as purity in its simplest form, and maybe- just maybe, that was why he adored you so much. Patrick couldn't bring himself to harm something, someone, of that matter.

     However, he made it clear sometimes, when you got on his nerves. Alike now, he rolled his eyes. "Y/N, babe, I don't like being used. You know this." Patrick smirked at you, giving a pathetic wink, to which you now rolled your eyes.

     "You won't be used. Trust me, I wouldn't do that to you." At these words, he softened up, nodding.

     "Alright then, explain, doll face."

     "Just be yourself and I'm going to record everything as data, then compare it to a normal subject." He put a hand over his chest and faked hurt at your words. It was no secret the boy was clearly insane of sorts, but he found his own mentality humorous and delightful, while you found it a bit frightening. "Just try not to stomp on any puppies while I'm around."

     "No use if you're just gonna help them right after." He shrugged, "Buzzkill."

     "Crazy."

     "Loser."

     "Weirdo."

     "Sexy thing."

     "Fuck off."

     "Kiss me." Patrick finished off the name-calling, pulling you into him. Your lips quickly connected in a sweet, passionate kiss. It was everything he wasn't, and it was absolutely perfect.

You pull away first, looking to him as if this was expected to happen for years. "So, how about that project, my subject?"

"Don't call me that and you've got yourself a deal, baby." He agreed to your terms easily, not once questioning what it was about you that made him so soft. Perhaps this project of yours would be the answer to his questions of himself, finally giving him the peace of mind that he's always wanted.