15. ✨

Your POV

It was another day in the small town of Riverdale. The birds were chirping as I walked to school. I hear a bike pull up next to me, there I see Jughead smiling at me with his signature smirk. "Wanna ride?" he asks me patting the seat behind him. I laugh hopping on behind him and wrapping my hands around his waist so I don't fall.

We soon arrive at Riverdale High. I hand Jughead the helmet, getting off I start to walk back to my locker when Jughead comes up to me, "Hey is everything okay?" he asks me, "yeah, I'm fine? Why wouldn't I be?" I respond, smiling and walking to my next class. The thing is,, no one remembered my birthday...

Iv'e been talking about my birthday for the past week. but has no one listened to me rave on about it? its like they don't even care!.  They haven't even talked about going to the shops unless going to school is some weird code or something.

I thought Cheryl would be talking about it, when JJ's birthday was coming up, she'd be planning it for weeks, there would a party and everything but me. Nothing.
Then again maybe they did remember and they just don't care, I don't think that would be the deal with Betty though, Betty would always be the person to care.
It's just in her nature.
As I was walking down the halls I spot Betty putting her things away.
"Heya Betty do you know what today is?!" I say looking at her smiling hope she'd remember. "Yeah it's you- I mean Ahhh Wednesday?" She said cocking an eyebrow. I just nodded walking away feeling tears prick me eyes.

Betty Pov

I can't believe I almost let it slip! She can't know about anything, Jug put so much work into this and I can't let it slip, of corse I hate this pretending I didn't remember my best fitness birthday, but it's all for the sake of the party.

This better be with it Jughead.

I jog to catch up with y/n she just looks at me and smiles. Something is wrong, and I'm guessing It's the fact that no one remembered her birthday. Well we all rendered it's just we haven't acknowledged it which is totally stupid, but its all apart of Jugs amazing 'birthday party surprise' which it better be worth it or i'm going to kick him, y/n and i walk to chem together, she seems so depressed i hope its not because of this, i want to tell her so bad it killing me seeing her like this but i can't i dont want to ruin things for jughead.

Jughead Pov

we were setting up for y/ns birthday party, so me and a couple of other serpents skipped school today to set up, Cheryl left early this morning and told y/n that she had to leave as well as her mother was coming and she didn't want her knowing that she was back just yet.

everything was going good until Sweetpea walked over with Veronica

"she wanted to see you and refused to leave until she did." he said looking at me knowing that if he told me she was hear i wouldn't have given her the time of day. " Thank you Sweetpea" she smiled. "what do you want Veronica" she smiles sweetly like she has done nothing wrong in the past, "oh nothing i just wanted to wish you beloved girlfriend a happy birthday" she smiles i nod and notice something in her hands. "what's in the box?" i question looking to the velvet box in her hands. " a peace offering, for her. not you" she says putting it on the table i was standing near and leaving. i was tempted to open in but in her cursive writing it said y/n so i didn't want to intrude.

This left me questioning what was in that box for the rest of the day.