A Very Bad Day Indeed

Prompt by @omgsuppylove: Oh how about "I'll do anything for you. Anything." ? Love you <3 Prompt by @totallynotanartblog: They dont deserve you

Hey guys, I hope y'all enjoy this combined prompt, I had a ton of fun writing this one :D please please please let me know what you think, it really does mean a whole lot and *wink wink* might even motivate me to write more *wink wink* XD I love you guys!

__________

Peter tries in vain to keep his tears at bay as he walks out of the elevator.

His body trembles, and he wraps his arms around his torso, curling his chin toward his chest as he shuffles across the threshold. Today had not been a very good day.

Flash had been on him all day, calling him names and kicking him as he walked down the hallway, hitting Peter's lunch out of his hands and has sent the sandwich skidding across the floor.

Ned had offered to split his own lunch, but Peter had refused, instead choosing to eat the little bit of chips that survived the fall. The teen curses his past-self, his stomach rumbling as he passes the fridge, but he can't risk stopping right now.

He doesn't want his dad to see how upset he is.

Not when the man was still mad at him for his Spider-Man stunt last weekend.

Sniffling, the young Stark ignores the tears that continue to spill down his cheeks, eyes widening when he hears faint footsteps from down the hall. He quickened his pace, ducking his head further into his chest.

Peter is just about to push his bedroom door open when his father's voice freezes him in his tracks.

"Hey, buddy." Tony says as he walks past the boy, stopping to rest a warm hand against his shoulder. "How was school? Did your Spanish test go okay? I know you were worried about that."

Peter just nods, not trusting himself to speak. Keeping his head down, the boy quickly steps out from under Tony's hold and goes into his room, lightly pushing his door shut behind him. He can hear his dad let out a sigh, can feel him hovering as he contemplates knocking, shifting on his feet.

Finally, Tony seems to come to a decision.

"Peter?" He calls softly through the wood, the thump of his hand against the doors startling Peter as he drops his book bag to the floor. "Are you hungry, kiddie? Does spaghetti sound good?"

Swallowing, Peter nods before realizing his dad can't see him. His stomach clenches at the mention of food and the boy grimaces. "Y-yeah, that's fine."

A pause, before Tony knocks again. "Can I come in, Bambi?"

Peter has to bite his lip to stifle a sob, blinking back tears at the softness of his father's voice. Clenching his hands tightly, the teen shakes his head.

"N-No!" He calls, frowning in self-anger as his voice cracks. "I'm g-getting changed."

"Okay." Tony says, and Peter can imagine him holding up his hands in surrender. "Okay, bud. I'm gonna go start dinner. Let me know if you need anything, alright?"

Wiping away at his continued flow of tears, Peter sniffs before answering. "Okay."

Turning around, the spiderling listens as Tony continues to hover outside of his door for a few more seconds, as the man lets out another sigh before walking the rest of the way down the hall.

Now alone, Peter breaks into sobs once more, his limbs trembling as he strips himself of his sweater and jeans.

Sucking in gigantic gulps of air, the teen quickly throws on a pair of fluffy night pants, grabbing one of his father's old MIT hoodies and pulling that over his head. The soft, oversized cotton pools at his hands and brings his palms up to his face, the smell of laundry detergent and something distinctly safe causing more tears to spill down his cheeks.