A Fort Of Pillows Is Almost As Soft As Tony

Prompt by @sup-dickwad: hey, so i know we just talked but can you just write some just fluffy Irondad and Spiderson? i have no idea in mind- just something cute. i wish i had more to offer, i'm not that creative when i'm tired. 

_______________

"Peter?" Tony calls, his eyes widening as he takes in the sight before him. "Kiddo, what're you doing?"

All across the living room, from the TV to the edge of the kitchen counter, is covered with pillows and sheets. Moving around to the couch, the billionaire watches as part of the sheet nearest to him gets lifted up, his son's messy bed head poking out.

"Hi Dad." The boy says, giving a little wave. "I made a fort."

Tony laughs, reaching out a hand to help Peter up. "I can see that, buddy. What's it for?"

"Dunno." Peter shrugs, grinning, doe eyes sparkling. "Just felt like it, you know? It even has room for two..."

"Are you trying to get me to crawl into your fort with you?"

The spiderling shrugs, walking into the kitchen and trying in vain to grab a bowl from the top shelf. "You said it, not me."

Tony laughs, reaching up from behind his kid and grabs the bowl. "Well played, bambino. Remind me to stop putting sassy juice in the fridge, I think you've been drinking too much of it lately."

"If I don't drink it, you will and stuff that strong isn't good for your heart, Dad."

Peter smirks, popping a bag of popcorn into the microwave and pressing start. He leans against the counter, looking up at Tony, shoulders shaking with mirth. The billionaire just mock glares at him, reaching down to flick him on the ear.

"Hey!" Peter yelps, rubbing at his now red ear with a hand. "What was that for?"

"For being a little shit."

For all his talk though, Tony reaches out and gently smooths down his child's hair, his fingers running over Peter's soft ear and soothing the sting. Peter, even as he glares, leans into the touch with a small pout.

"The popcorn's done, kiddie." Tony says just as the microwave beeps, causing the teen to jump. "Told you."

"Ha ha, Dad, you're so funny."

"Thanks, it's a gift. Move over and let me get that, buddy, so you don't burn your hand off."

Reluctantly, Peter scoots over so his father can get the bag and pour it into the bowl, the steam rising the filling the kitchen with the buttery smell. Peter, after Tony turns around to throw the bag away, reaches out and snatches a piece of popcorn, popping it into his mouth.

"Save some for me, will you?" Tony grins, bumping his son out of the way with his hip and grabbing the entire bowl. "I guess I'll have to take it all now, until my kid learns to share with his old man."

"Old is right."

"What was that?"

"Oh, nothing." Peter smiles, all cherub features and innocent eyes. "Nothing at all."

Tony snorts, walking back to the living room and eyeing the mess with a grimace. Peter, coming up beside him with a grin, gently pokes the man in the side.

"Are you sure you don't want to chill in Peter's Playhouse?"

"I'm sorry, your what?"

Ducking his head as he blushes, Peter talks over his father's laughter as the genius nearly spills the popcorn all over the floor in his mirth.

"Shut up! You're just jealous I have this cool fort and you have to go back down to your stupid lab with all of your stupid suits."

Quickly setting the bowl on the coffee table before he drops it, Tony reaches out and tugs Peter again his side despite the boy's half-hearted protest.

"Okay, okay, kiddo. No need for such language, Cap would be appalled."

Peter looks up at him for a few seconds, his brows furrowed before he bursts into giggles. His laughter, like everything about him, is infectious and Tony is soon laughing too, his side aching and his eyes watering.

"Alright, miele." Tony finally gasps out once they have calmed down. "Move this sheet so I can sit down."

Peter's head snaps up, a smile lighting up his still red features. "Wait, you're gonna hang out?"

"Yes, kiddo, yes, you've convinced me. Now help me get this popcorn down without breaking a hip."

After a few seconds of struggle, both father and son are underneath the largest sheet, the gentle glow of the arc reactor casting the small space in a hue of light blue. Peter, sitting cross-legged, holds the bowl of popcorn in his lap and starts clicking on his computer, the screen illuminating his face.

"Tangled or Mulan?" He asks around a mouthful of popcorn.

Tony reaches over and grabs a handful, leaning against the front of the couch with his legs stretched out in-front of him. "Tangled. Flynn Rider is the best Disney prince and you can quote me on that."

Peter snorts, getting the movie set up and handing his father the laptop. "You're just saying that cause people say you two look alike."

"Can you blame me? Facial hair is hard to pull off and he does it almost as well as me."

Rolling his eyes, Peter shifts so that his head is resting against Tony's chest, his legs thrown off to the side and the bowl near his knees. Tony, after pressing play and grabbing more popcorn, gently threads his fingers through his child's hair, untangling knots and scratching at the boy's scalp.

"Thanks for hanging out with me, Dad." Peter says quietly, curling up closer to his father just as Mother Gothel steals baby Rapunzel from the castle.

Tony swallow down the sudden lump in his throat, pressing a kiss against Peter's temple and feeling his heart fill with love. "It's no problem, buddy."

"...Does that mean you're going to help me clean all of this up before Aunt Pepper sees?"

"Not a chance, bambino, not a chance."