A Tired Spider-Baby Blanket and His Exasperated Irondad-Potato

A/N: so uh yeah I don't really know what this is?? I kind of just wanted to write some sleepy Peter and Tony cuddles and here we are lmao I hope ya'll enjoy! 💖🥰

__________

A knock against Peter's door startles the boy so much that he flings his pencil almost across the room.

"Shit!" He hisses, reaching up to rub at his eyes before bending down to grab the writing utensil from where it had rolled under his desk. Another knock, this one a little softer, sounds and Peter yawns around his next words. "Hold on."

"It's okay, bubba, it's just me." Tony's voice is slightly muffled through the wood and Peter spins around in his chair, the metal squeaking. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah, that's--" Another yawn cuts Peter off, his jaw popping and he winces, reaching up to rub at his eyes again just as his door opens. "--that's fine. Just working on some last minute homework."

Tony grins as he walks in, reaching over to gently ruffle Peter's curls in his prosthetic hand. The other comes around, tapping at the spiderling's notebook. "What kind of homework, kid? Another English paper?"

"Thank god, no." Peter laughs, spinning around a little more in his chair as his father-figure sits down on the end of his bed. "Something for Biology. Not as bad as English, but I'd rather be doing Chemistry or Physics honestly, ugh."

This time, it's Tony's turn to laugh. He takes a second to study Peter's face, his eyes soft and warm, before glancing over at the boy's digital clock on his desk. "It's getting kind of late though, bug. Almost 2am."

"Oh damn, really?" Peter blinks, eyes snapping toward the clock and it does, indeed, read 1:58 in bright, red neon numbers. "I didn't even realize it was that late."

"How much more do you gotta do?" Tony asks, leaning back and resting against the headboard. Peter yawns yet again, blinking sleep out of his eyes and when he looks back at his mentor, the man's smile is as soft as melted butter. "Actually, I think it's time for a spider-baby to get some sleep."

"But I have to finish this--" Peter starts, trying and failing to keep the whine out of his voice. "It's due Wednesday and I can't mess up another assignment, my grade in that class is almost down to a B and--"

"Yeah, but your energy levels are also almost down to nothing, kiddo." Tony argues, crossing his arms. The red metal of his prosthetic flashes slightly in the muted light. "And I promised May that when you stay here, I'd do the right and responsible adult thing and make sure that you aren't doing the wrong thing."

"You stay up even later than this, though," Peter argues. "Plus, tomorrow's Friday."

"Yeah, but I'm an adult and you--" Tony points at Peter, waddling his finger. His eyes are sparkling in exasperated mirth, however, and Peter knows that he's not actually mad. "--you're a kid, uh, kid. And kids need their sleep."

"I'm not a kid, Tony."

"How old are you, again?"

Peter blushes, but doesn't back down, meeting Tony's amused smirk with a frown of his own. "Don't tell me you forgot my age already. What kind of a father-figure are you?"

"Oh, don't give me that crap, buddy." This time, Tony does look slightly offended and Peter swallows. "Of course I know how old you are, But that's not the point. You're 15, so in other words, a kid."

"But--"

"I'm breaking the cycle of shame, Pete."

"It's not even that late--"

"You were already out past curfew last night on patrol, don't push your luck there mister."

"You said you weren't mad about that when I explained why. Plus, I already heard your lecture and Aunt May's, I don't need another one, please."

Tony waves a hand, literally brushing away Peter's argument. "And I'm not mad, but staying up past 1am two nights in a row? Yeah, that's gonna be a big fat nope, kiddo. Like, the exact weight of an elephant-sized nope. A shit-ton of nopes."

Peter groans, rolling his eyes and slumping in his chair. He doesn't really know why he's arguming, honestly, because sleeping does sound amazing right now, but he also really does need to get these questions done.

"Tell you what, if you can answer 3 more questions without doing another one of your adorable kitten-yawns, you can stay up."

Peter narrows his eyes at that, clenching his jaw because just hearing the word 'yawn' is making the urge even stronger. He manages to fight it off, however, picking up his pencil again and turning back around to face his desk.

The words and formulas swim around the page, swirling in a sea of exhausted black and white and the spiderling shakes his head, starting on his next question after a second of hesitation.

Behind him, he listens vaguely as Tony shifts on the bed, sitting up now and resting his hands against his knees. The muted blue glow of the arc reactor shimmers against the far wall and Peter has to force himself to stop from glancing at it every few seconds, the color almost exactly the same as his childhood night-light.

And does basically nothing to stop the exhaustion now curling in his bones.

He's just about half-way through with the second question before he has to pause, face scrunching up. He waits a few seconds, willing the yawn that's sliding up to go back down.

Finally, he loses the battle and the yawn bursts out of him, a roar of fatigue buzzing through his ears. Tony's there before he's even slumping back down, closing Peter's notebook and reaching down, tugging the exhausted spiderling into his arms.

"There we go, bambino ." Tony whispers, cradling Peter against his chest, speaking the words against his kid's unruly chestnut curls. "Let's get you to bed, hmm?"

Peter just huffs, nuzzling closer underneath his father's chin, feeling Tony gently lower him to his bed. Grabbing onto the billionaire's shirt, Peter practically forces Tony to fall down beside him, not giving the man much of a choice in this now father-and-son cuddle session.

"Okay, okay, bambi." Tony chuckles, settling himself against the headboard, gathering Peter against his chest again when the boy sighs. "Snug as a bug in a rug, huh?"

"Comfy." Is all Peter says, wrapping one arm across Tony's chest, his other continuing to grip the man's shirt, right above his heart. Tony laughs again at that, this time softer, running his human hand through Peter's curls, ruffling the baby-soft ones at the base of his neck. "Warm and comfy 'an soft. Like-Like mashed potatoes. Dad-Tatos."

"Okay, yeah, you're delirious," Tony says, grabbing Peter's comforter and covering them both up, tucking the end around Peter's shoulders. He presses a kiss against the boy's forehead. "Go to sleep, baby."

Peter doesn't respond, just sighs and shifts even closer, tucking his legs against Tony's.

He squirms, wrapping himself like his own personal blanket around his dad, smothering the man in all of his spider-baby love. He breathes deeply, relishing in the smell of aftershave and motor oil that always seems to cling to Tony, feeling the warmth in his bones expand to a comforting simmer.

He's out cold, small kitten-snores escaping, before Tony can even press another soft kiss to his cheek.

A/N: Thank you so much for reading! ❤️💙❤️💙