Real Flesh And Blood

Prompt by @stateofemilygrace: Prompt time!! Proud Dad TonyTM

                          __________

"—so if you take into account the wind and the size of the missile, it would land somewhere along the southern border and we will all be safe to continue into the Compound."

All of the Avengers stand in a semicircle around their youngest member, Tony being the closest and resting a proud hand on his masked son's shoulder as the rest of the team gasps in astonishment.

"H-how did you—?" Clint starts to ask, his mouth open as he looks around at his family, but Steve cuts him off.

"Very, uh, very good Peter!" He says, his own light eyes shinning in shock, puffing out his chest as he tries to get the attention to focus on him once more. "Alright team, lets go kick some ass!"

And with that the group starts to split, with Peter, Tony and Natasha going off in one direction as the others make their way through the jungle surrounding their target. Hanging back to give his child a small smile in pride, Tony wishes he could see Peter's face but knows that the boy is blushing with embarrassment at the praises he can still hear from Clint even a mile off.

"Good job, kiddo." The elder Stark says right before his helmet snaps into the place. "Stay safe out there alright? If you need help, call me, got it?"

Peter straightens up, giving a nod and an enthusiastic thumbs up, his muffled "Got it, Dad! You can count on me!" causing his father's heart to melt with a mix of love and worry.

Then he shoots a web onto a nearby tree and is zipping out of sight.

Giving a sigh, Tony is just about to fly off into the cloudy sky when Natasha's voice stops him, her tone wavering between indifferent and amusement.

"If there was any doubt about him being yours, Tony," she says, resting a hand on the metal encasing his arms with featherlight touches. "It was blown to dust the second he corrected Cap. You have a good kid there Stark."

Tony doesn't know what to say for a second, his throat clogging with an emotion he can't name as he squints into the distance, trying to see a flash of blue and red swinging in between the green of the trees. Finally he sighs, stepping away from his friend and gets the thrusters going.

"I know, Nat." He says just before he blasts off. "You have no idea how special he really is."