Chapter 7

Aaron pulled Erin out of the cabin, grasping her hand in his. She just wiped away a few bitter tears and followed. "What are we going to do then?" she sniffed, a slight croak to her voice.

Aaron pulled her through the arch towards the Diamond Cabin District. "You'll see. I promise we'll be safe there, unless..." he faded out. Erin stopped. As Aaron turned to look at her, he saw her gazing back in desperation.

"Unless what?" she whimpered. Aaron tugged on her arm.

"Nothing,". She succumbed to his tugging, following Aaron around the pool. "You see that there?" he pointed towards the shoulder-less wriggling corpse. "It explodes when you throw something at it. Or so I think," he whispered. There were four other wriggling corpses beside it, all arm and leg-less. They proceeded through another arch, down another plan-lined path, and onto a beach. 

"This is it?" Erin asked.

"Have faith,". He pointed towards something glimmering in the night, sat at the front of a long wooden pier.

"That Waltzers. Where we first met," she sighed. Aaron scanned her body language, despirately wanting to confess his love. Not only that though, he felt the need to tell her about her dad. About what he did. But something deep inside of him devoured the ability to.

Bella glanced at the digital display screen on the front of a mysteriously logo'd microwave. The time read 00:32. She quivered at the thought. The breakout was yesterday, and she knew help would never be on it's way. She grasped a can of mysteriously logo'd baked beans, knowing that they were the last food left in her hotel room. She dared go down to the kitchen to find somthing.

Cautiously, she approached the taunting hotel room door, it was left slightly ajar. She snaked around the dining set and pushed herself up against the door, closing it with a harsh THUD. The safety lock was on in seconds, and a small table was jammed against it. "That should hold it," she whispered to herself. 

Bella passed the dining set and the sofa, and into the next room, where three beds sat on the right hand wall. The third bed, closest to the window, was accompanied by a small cot, cradling a small baby. She walked over to it, trembling with fear. She peered in, the baby was sleeping, his little angel face scrunched up as he inhaled. "You must be hungry, Sammy," she asked. But he remained in his deep hypnotising sleep. "I'll go open these beans for you," she smiled, leaving the room. Through the doorway she went, into the small alcove that wast the kitchen. To the right of a plain silver fridge was a set of draws: A set of three. She opened the top and rummaged around, catching the skin on her finger on the insanely sharp knives. She pulled a knife out, examining it carefully. "I'll use this," she smiled again. She threw it onto the worktop in front of her, and knelt to the second draw.

"Aha!" she squealed, pulling out a tin opener. It took some time to position the tin opener, considering the trembling of her hands, but when she clicked it in place, she twisted a small handle until the top of the tin was hanging by a thread of aluminium. She pulled a small bowl, already accompanied by a matching spoon, from an overhead cabinet, and poured in the beans. "Here I come, Sammy," she shouted, making her way into the bedroom. Loud screaming baby noises shattered the unsettling silence of the room. "Shh, shh, shh," Bella whispered to little Sammy. 

Sammy was stood up in his crib, hands on the sides, squealing. Their parents had been mid-way through teaching him how to speak when Bella was given a free family ticket from her friend. Bella could recall her friend raving about winning a holiday for a whole family, but not being able to go due to her other holiday. 

She picked Sam up and placed him sat up on the bed. "Open wide," she said, in a baby-voice, making the appropriate gesture with her mouth. She scooped up some beans and poured them into Sammy's mouth. He swallowed almost instantaneously. He was starving. "More?" she smiled, feeding him another spoon full. She looked at the bowl of beans and licked her lips. "I'll just try one bean. It won't make a difference, will it?" she whispered to herself. She rested the spoon on the side of the bowl, ready to pick a bean from the bowl.

"SAM! Are you ok?" she stuttered. He started to shake, like he was having a fit. Frothing slightly from the mouth. His eyes were turning a blood red color, while his teeth began to fall out, as new sharp teeth pushed their way out. His angelic squeals turned into monstrous grunts. He started ripping his clothes madly, like he was a zombie. Oh shit. He IS a zombie. Bella moved backwards, the zombie baby crawling slightly forward, still in it's state of seizure. "Samm-". The innocent baby, jumped up and flung itself towards Bella, bearing it's grizzly teeth. "AHHHHH!" she screamed. backing away. Sam hit the floor with a quick thud, but was just a quick to stand up again. Bella backed out of the room, not shedding a single tear, but shaking furiously from fear. "I don't want to have to do this!" she screamed, slamming the bedroom door. She ran to the kitchen, picked up the knife and returned to the bedroom door. 

Any minute now, the small mutant zombie would come bursting through the door. Any minute now, the small mutant zombie would try to kill and devour Bella. Any minute now, Bella would have to kill her baby brother, Sam. Bella waited in fear, but the baby did not come bursting through the door. she suddenly heard a loud SMASH

"SAMMY!" She screamed, opening the door. The once-adorable baby stood by the now smashed window. He gave Bella a grisly grin, before jumping out of the window, disappearing into the night. "SAMMY! NO!" she cried, tears pouring like a waterfall. She ran over to the window, and peered downwards. She couldn't see him anywhere. All she could see was a few pools, a few cabin districts, a load of palm tree's and a pier. A pier surrounded with mechanical lights. "My only hope," she whispered, staring at the pier. She looked down once again. No sign of the zombie-baby anywhere. "There is no way anyone could survive a 22 story fall! But then again, there is no way any baby could break a window like that," She whispered, dreading the thought of having to face her mutant brother later, or worse, having to tell her parents how irresponsible she had been. She was only doing right, feeding him. "Feeding him!" she shouted. "Those beans! They did something!" she shouted, as though someone human was listening. She had to warn the survivors, if there were any, not to eat any of the beans off the island. What if it was all of the food? If it was, she was sure she was the only survivor, and the price of that, was her little baby brother. Sam.