Beggar-28

The morning wore on to noon.  The sun was scorching heat like fire.  It was burning down the skin of each and every passer by.  The spectators were grumbling to themselves because of the sun spurting a deluge of heat.  The passers by walked on that road where the two souls were fused into one in their despair and helplessness.  It was the sight to behold for those selfish, self- centred people who trotted to reach their destinations without paying any attention to them, just staring at them as if they were a bundle of rags to be discarded from their beautiful surrounding.  Unmindful of the environment, the beggar held the unconscious body close to his heart that he could hear the faint heart beats of the lifeless man indicated him about his being alive in that world.  Every heart beat  brought a kind of hope and faith that he was alive, his purpose of life was living and that he had no cause to stay away from that world.  

The sudden phone ring from Kong's mobile brought him back to reality where he saw his Grumpy was on his lap and his right arm was swollen and bled profusely with maggots feasting on it.  He was so terrified, fear and concern gripped him.  He soon laid his Grumpy on the ground and attended the call.  It was Tew who called to inquire about his whereabouts.  Kong sobbed over the phone hearing his friend's voice and was incoherent in his words.  He cried and cried, Tew was helpless on other end, since he knew sometime was wrong with Grumpy and that he was in grave danger.  But he could not console Kong since he was yelling and sobbing and he did not where Kong was.  Frustrated to the core, he let Kong calm down a little and after almost five minutes of non stop laying his heart bear to his friend, Kong spoke,

"Bannnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkk RRRRRRRRRoooooooooooooad,      hossssssspitalllll, come quick.....please............".

Within 25 minutes, a taxi reached the spot and yanked the two lovers in it.  They were immediately taken to the City Hospital into an emergency ward.  On reaching there, the doctor in duty refused to give the patient medical aid as the patient's right arm was bleeding heavily and the way his body highlighted the bruises and injuries, the doctor said that it was a  police case and he could not do anything unless they arrived on the spot.  Enraged by this, Kong hurdled blows at the doctor and threatened to kill him if he did not start the treatment immediately.  As Tew, Aim and Oak stood behind Kong menacingly, the doctor got scared and scurried to the emergency ward along with his assistants to attend to the patient.

Tew informed the police about the situation over the phone.  Aim and Oak sat by Kong who was totally lost in his own thoughts.  Judging by the condition of Arthit, it was clear that he would soon lose his right arm.  It would cost Kong's his fortune to give a best medical treatment for his Grumpy.  He had not money.  He had no influence except Knot, who wanted his body.  He had no one to look up to.  His friends were as pauper as he was.   He had to do something before the right arm of Arthit kill him.  

****************

I am back.  But still not happy with what I have penned.