Beggar-5

The routine of visiting the temple along with his parents continued from that day on wards. Arthit never threw tantrums to visit the temple.  In fact, he started dragging his parents to visit the temple every day.   Arthit saw that beggar who threw his notes back at him everyday.  Everyday that beggar sat at the end of the row and accepted the note from him only when it was placed on his palm by Arthit.  

Arthit felt strange at his own behaviour.  It was because he visited the temple not for his parents, or God, but to look at that beggar, just his smile.  His smile gave him a peaceful notion of the moment in his whole day of stress filled life.  Arthit did not smile back at him, he just looked at him particularly at his smiling face.  He never said anything to that beggar and that beggar too remained dumb.  Both had made an untold bond of looking at each other, one for the peaceful smile and the other for God knew what?

Kong went hungry everyday since he started visiting the temple because he never used the notes given by that grumpy young man.  He kept it safe even from his friends.  He had a feeling that the money given by that grumpy young man would one day would be a matter of life and death.  He dug up a hole in the ground near the cemetery  where no soul came by.  He kept it as his little secret even from his friends.   

Arthit slowly increased the currency notes without any realization as to how much he gave.  Although, he gave only from his salary paid  by his parents, since he felt like he would be cheating his parents if he gave it from their account.

Two months passed by without an exchange of words on both sides, just the gazes were locked and in those stares, one felt he saw  his universe and the other his serenity of heart.  Nobody knew was it love, attraction, humanity or just a pure friendship of companionship for solace in that bad, wicked and evil world for the two innocent souls.