Beggar- 13

The worst kind of enemy  was  the one who lived in one's life like an anchor  moored to the bottom of the sea with ultimate grip of support, trust, love and togetherness, but when the so-called foundation was shaken what horrible ordeal one could face.  Arthit did not know who was that foe.  The foe who had no head or tail, no name or address, no gender, or no motive.  But still he/she resided in his house to destroy everything he had.  Arthit loved his parents and they in return showered everything, even their life to protect him.  They were the richest of all the people in his country, but still he was humbled by his parents.  His parents gave a valuable lesson on morality and humility.  Yet, he would sometimes totally disregard them only to be engulfed in self-serving and self-observing arena of fun and frolic of youth.

Arthit had a brother who was equally egoistic and self-centered like him, but not vicious like him.  His brother was loved and supported more by his uncle Monak Rojnapat than his parents.  Perth was 20 and  remained most of his life with his uncle and aunt to substitute for the child that they lost.  He was insolent, mean and selfish man that ever lived on the earth.  He never loved his parents nor his brother.  Perth was a fiend in disguise, for downright did not show his wrath, jealousy or rancour to anyone, but indirectly bit them when opportunity arose.  Obviously schooled and tutored by his foster parents.  Arthit and his parents doted both alike.  They were unaware of any devilish plot being hatched by their own family members, that too the closest ones.

Arthit was in love with Purple.  His girl friend, whom he admired, cherished and considered himself blessed to have her.  Purple too was very much in love with Arthit that she would do anything to claim him as hers.  They met while working in a company.  Arthit was a newbie in his own company and Purple, Mr Rojnapat's secretary.  It was love at first sight for Arthit and slowly as he gained experienced in dealing with the company affairs, so was his love bloomed with Purple.  Purple was everything but yet something was missing in Arthit 's life.  He did not know what it was.  His mind chose Purple but not his heart.  He felt something was amiss in his life.  But when he met the beggar at the temple, he felt a strange feeling of solace in the beggar's smile, which even he did not feel seeing smiling faces of his beloved ones.

Arthit's heart still waited for something or someone in his life to complete him.  But what he could not decipher it.  

******************