Chapter 17

The next morning, the trio were on their way to Death Mountain

The next morning, the trio were on their way to Death Mountain. Zelda was riding on Epona's back while Link and Neji chose to walk. Holding onto the saddle rope, Link guided his horse on the dirt path.

Up ahead, they saw Kakariko Village. It brought back memories of the fiendish mission. How much Link wished he could go back, and prevent himself from doing that.

"Link." Zelda spoke up. "Do you wish to go through the village or go around?"

Before Link could speak up, Neji beat him to it. "I say we go through the village. I want to see what kind of food they got."

Link dropped his eyelids in response. "You just ate less than an hour ago."

"But I'm always hungry!"

Zelda shrugged with a smile on her face. "He is a growing boy after all."

"Are you seriously taking his side on this?" Letting out a sigh, Link started leading Epona towards the village. "I was going to say we need to go through the village to restock on heat resistant elixirs since we don't have enough for three people."

"That is important." Neji pondered. "But we're still going to check out the food."

"You can do that on your own. Just don't cause any trouble. I'll give you some rupees if you want to get something."

"You're the best, Link!"

Watching the two interact, Zelda couldn't help but smile. "You know... You two act a lot like brothers." Both of the guys blinked in sync, both turning away at the same time. Even if they weren't blood related, they acted like true siblings. She found that quite adorable.

Looking over towards Link, she couldn't tell what expression he was wearing. But the hood he wore didn't cover his ears, seeing that they were a shade of red.

~

Arriving in Kakariko Village, Link had given Neji some rupees to buy some food. The young teen ran off on his own, agreeing to meet up near the elixir shop.

Link was tying Epona's saddle rope to a wooden fence, also checking to see what else he needed to get before heading off to Death Mountain.

Meanwhile, Zelda had put on a cloak to disguise herself from the people. She didn't want to draw any attention to herself.

Digging through the huge satchel that was attached to Epona, Link held three empty jars. "I was thinking that we have more than a dozen jars just in case."