Chapter 1

The night was quiet, too quiet

   The night was quiet, too quiet. The wind was still, the sound of a howling wolf could be heard from the distance. It was a full moon, but it wasn't just any ordinary moon. It was the infamous blood moon.

   The sound of a sword cut through a body like paper. The body dropped to the ground, a pool of their own blood appearing underneath them. Beyond that fallen body were even more fallen bodies, lying in their own sweat and blood.

   A mysterious hooded person just stood there, their sword dripping from the enemy's blood. Their eyes were piercing blue, staring coldly at the fallen body.

   Hearing a chuckle, the hooded person looked up, seeing one man standing. He was already badly injured, covered in his own blood. "You are good as they say, Link."

   The hooded person that went by the name Link just stared in silence. His eyes showed no fear nor mercy. "You go by the name Master Kohga?" He looked at him from head to toe. "You don't look that strong to me."

   Master Kohga stomped his foot. "Don't underestimate me, boy! I am the leader of the Yiga Clan!"

   "Even if you are, I've already taken all your men out."

   Staying silent, Master Kohga knew that he was defeated by words. Even if he was cornered, he would win this fight no matter what. Taking out a vicious sickle, he started charging towards Link.

   Link didn't even flinch or budge from the spot. Waiting for the right moment, he swung his sword at the incoming enemy.

   Not feeling like he got hit, a huge splatter of blood came out of Master Kohga's chest, making him fall facedown on the ground. His weapon he held in his hand slide across the floor, hitting Link's shoe.

   Picking the weapon up, Link knew what he had to do with it. But first things first. Taking out what it appears to be the Sheikah Slate, Link used his finger to draw an X on top of Master Kohga's picture. Labeled as annihilated.

   Looking down at Master's Kohga's body, Link tightened his grip on the vicious sickle, swinging it downwards.

~

   Arriving at a secret hideout, Link was walking towards a muscular man with red hair. In Link's hand, he was carrying the head of Master Kohga.

   Stopping where he stood, Link got down on one knee, lowering his head. "I have returned, Master Ganondorf. I brought Kohga's head like you asked."

   The man that went by the name Ganondorf smirked in satisfaction. "Very good, my boy. It's a great gift for my victory. The Yiga Clan shall be no more." Link tossed the head as it rolled on the floor, unable to tell the expression from the head as it was facing downwards.

   Ganondorf got up from his seat, going towards the head. He picked it up, holding it by the hair. With his available hand, Ganondorf dug something out of his pocket, tossing a small satchel towards Link.

   Link caught the satchel, seeing that it was his payment. Slowly standing up, Link's expression was still neutral, not a hint of emotion anywhere. "What will my next mission be?"

   "I'm glad you asked." Ganondorf said. "I think you're ready for it. It's a rather longer mission this time. I need you to gather three very important weapons for me. Of course you'll do it one at a time."

   "What is the name of the first weapon you would like for me to obtain?"

   "The first weapon I need you to get is called Biggoron's Sword. You must kill the Goron leader and his underlings in order to get it. And of course, bring me his head for proof."

   Without question, Link bowed his head obediently. "Very well. I will kill without hesitation."

   "Good. You may begin tomorrow morning. Wash the blood off of you before you head in."

   "Understood, Master Ganondorf."

   "You're dismissed."

   Link turned his back as he began heading towards the washroom. He was always used to blood getting soaked onto his skin and clothes. It was almost like a traditional thing every time he finishes a mission.

   Knowing that this mission will be tough and time consuming, Link promised himself that he will do everything he can to please his master. He was grateful to his master for taking him in at a young age. Thanks to Ganondorf, Link would've been dead that day. During that time, he swore to serve him until the day he dies.