Chapter 14

Back when Zelda was just a young girl, she was riding in a horse carriage along with an older woman who was her bodyguard

   Back when Zelda was just a young girl, she was riding in a horse carriage along with an older woman who was her bodyguard. Impa.

   It was just like any other royal duty she had to attend to. Meeting the mayor of a small village to discuss important matters that will benefit the kingdom. Same old thing.

   "Your highness. We have arrived." Impa spoke up.

   The chauffeur opened the door. Impa was the first to step out, Zelda following right behind her for protection reasons. Looking ahead, Zelda saw that the village was basically a giant forest. The entire area was vivid green, her mouth gaping in awe.

   The two ladies saw an older gentleman walking up to them. "Greetings, your highness. I am the mayor of this village. It's very nice to meet you."

   Impa gestured Zelda to greet him back. "It's nice to meet you too."

   "You may follow me. I have refreshments inside the village hall."

   Zelda and Impa started to follow the mayor inside the village. She saw a few people passing by, bowing their heads to show respect. The water looked clean, sunlight hit every corner of this village. It was so peaceful.

Arriving near the entrance of the mayor's building, a voice of a young boy caught Zelda's attention. "Excuse me, Mr. Mayor!" She turned around, seeing a young boy in green rushing up to the mayor. For some reason, he looked a bit flustered. "I have a delivery!"

   The mayor chuckled, receiving the letter from the boy. "Thank you very much. Tell Saria my regards."

"Yes, sir!" The boy caught a glimpse of Zelda. She softly smiled at him in response. The boy turned red in the face, averting his gaze. "I-I'll be going now!" Not even a second later, he practically bolted out of the area.

   Zelda didn't know too many people around her age. She was always surrounded by grown ups. She wanted to make a friend that was her age for once. Maybe this boy felt the same way.

   "Let's proceed, your highness." Impa spoke up.

Right. She had royal duties to attend to. "Of course." Taking one last look where the boy had ran, Zelda followed Impa and the mayor inside of the building. She was so curious about the boy that she didn't think her mind would cooperate with this meeting.

   This was going to be a long day.

~

After the meeting, both Zelda and Impa stepped out of the building. Closing the door behind her, Impa walked in front of Zelda. "We'll head home at once."

"Hold on. Can we take a quick detour?"

Impa raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"I want to find that boy we saw earlier. I promise I won't take long."