21

She was walking down the street with Mickey who insisted they went to the Alibi together. "Are you excited" he said through a smile as she shook her head. "Grateful ? Yes, excited ? No, it's going to be a few vodka sodas with everyones croaky singing voices mixed together" she said through a shrug as he waved his finger in the air. "That's where your wrong. You'll like this one. I know you will" he said confidently as she threw her arms in the air. "Why is everyone saying that" she asked as he kept smiling and walking but she stopped in the street.

"I'm not going if you don't tell me" she said with her arms folded as he threw his head back and ran his hand down his face. "It would be you to be a little bitch and ruin to surprise. Come on" he ordered but she stayed put. "Missy" he said while stamping his foot but she stayed there with her arms folded. "Fine" he shouted causing people passing to look at them, he threw her over his shoulder and began walking to the bar, awkwardly waving at everyone who stared at them since she was screaming bloody murder. He put her down once they got outside the venue. "What the fuck is your problem" he shouted as she shrugged so he nodded. "Veronica told me you were worried about getting banged up again. How about, I promise" he said while putting his hand over his heart. "One cop, that isn't Carl of course comes near the place. Me and you, we drop everything, we go to Mexico" he said with his head titled as she raised an eyebrow. "If a cop just drops by" she questioned as he nodded. "I meant what I said the night you got arrested. I'd go to Mexico with you, we're family, we protect each other cause who the fuck else will. And, I didn't tell you about the wedding because I wanted you to give me away and you weren't here and I was being a bitch about it" he said as she smiled and nodded before taking a breath. He opened the door and the whole place was silent, no one noticed them.

"Some party this is" Mickey joked as Danielle saw her and began shooting  her nerf gun at the girl, hitting her right in the eye with the rubber bullets. "Danielle" she shouted as Mickey smirked. "That's your kid" he announced as everyone agreed with him . "You fucking bought it for her" she shouted back as he kept smirking "Hows it my fault I'm her favorite uncle" he asked as she rolled her eyes and went to order drinks. She'd been there about thirty minutes and there was still no sign of Carl so she was talking to Mike. "Let me guess. You're going to tell me it'll be the biggest birthday ever" she questioned before knocking back a beer as he shook his head. "No, I don't know how you'll react. You'll either jump at the idea or you'll hate it" he said honestly as she smirked. "Honesty. Thank you. I needed that, my anchor" she joked before clinking glasses with him as he knocked back the end of his beer. Whatever was happening, he was bitter about it but was pretending not to be and she noticed it, so the clueless twenty three year old went to dance with him.

They laughed unconditionally and that's when she could truly say, they were meant to be friends, best friend. Two people who got the idea of love mixed up. She spoke to Theo who kept buying her drinks to keep her talking about the old days, not just their dealing days, but the Mandy and Evan days. She danced with Iggy who kept telling her she had enough. She formed a dance circle with all of the kids picking each one up and spinning them around, just making sure they knew how much she loved them, even if it was her first time meeting some of Jamie's kids. She was dizzy but happy, yet there was still no sign of Carl so she wandered over to her grandmother who was sitting alone with a bottle of vodka.

"Where's Carl" she asked through laughter as she sat across from him. "The cop ? No clue, probably doing cop things. Ruining families and locking up innocent women like me" she joked as Missy smirked before shaking her heads. "He didn't turn up" she said once realisation hit her as the woman shook her head. "When he does, you'll be happy" she said, still wearing a blank expression, Missy was certain she'd only ever seen the woman smile once. "Whys everyone saying that" she asked while banging the table, she was barely audible over the music so her grandmother grabbed her face to keep her gaze on her. "The talk you and me had, about you not wanting to be like me, your mother or your sister. A lonely babushka. It's not coming true" she said, trying to give her hint but it wasn't hitting her, she kept laughing until she realised she couldn't see Danielle anywhere so she ran onto the dance floor where Sandy and Mandy were.

"Where's Danielle" she said frantically as a drunken Mandy wrapped her arm around her and kept dancing. She saw her sister occasionally looking at Lip during the night and was adamant she was going to confront it until Sandy walked over. "Where's Danielle" Missy shouted frantically as Sandy laughed before smiling. "She's with Carl, liven up" she said through a nod confusing Missy even more, she hadn't seen Carl all night. So she slowly started backing away, bumping into Lip who she slurred a speech about Mandy being great to before walking to the bar where Kevin stood with a smile.

"Hi sweetheart. Are you having a good birthday" he said with his arms out but she walked straight into them and started crying. "Why are you crying. It's supposed to be a happy day" he said confused as she looked up at him. "Carl didn't turn up and now Danielle's missing" she sobbed as Veronica walked over. "Danielles not missing honey. Carl came and  took her for something" she explained while stroking the girls face, feeling slightly bad that she was so drunk and out of the loop to the point she was getting upset.

"But Carl didn't come" she wailed as the door opened but the person didn't come in, Kevin just nodded and patted her shoulders. "Father daughter dance, now" he ordered as she shook her head. "That's so rude, I went to all yours when you were in school. You have to do this" he said frantically so she walked into the middle of the dance floor where everyone made a circle and let them dance. He started off with a waltz but then nodded again so she closed her eyes and pretended she was somewhere else since she was still in a state until he let her ago and someone else took his place so she opened her eyes. Carl. Was there, standing infront of her smiling.

"Fuck you why didn't you come" she shouted before shoving him backwards and everyone looked taken aback but he smirked. "Wait and see" he said while taking her hands as she scoffed. "And you took Danielle, I mean, when did you even get here" she questioned as he rolled his eyes. "Had to ruin the surprise didn't you. I didn't come, Veronica brought her to me like I asked her to. Now can you shut up and let me give you your birthday present" he shouted back as she took a breath and folded her arms. "Go on then" she shouted as the music turned off so everyone was staring at them unsure of what to do. It wasn't what he planned but it was true Carl and Missy fashion.

"Wait a minute then" he shouted back as Veronica who was kneeling down hugging Danielle let her go and the girl walked up to her mother with a smirk. "Are you going to cuss me out. Is this my present" she asked as the girl put her finger to her own lips, telling Missy to shut up so she did. "Marry daddy" she said as Missy rolled her eyes. "Very funny" she scoffed but Danielle shook her head. "Marry daddy" she said again as Missy turned to her right and saw Carl on one knee holding a box with a diamond ring in it.

"Did I pay for that" she joked as he smirked but once again, told her to shut up. "You're a mess, moody,  the biggest bitch I know and I've seen you at your ugliest. And you're the craziest I've ever had and you're a Milkovich so I shouldn't really love you" he began as her family started throwing their bottles at him so he had to duck. "But I do. And every time I lost you, i knew it was always going to be you when you came back, Frank always told me we were like him and Monica and for years I took offence to that but when you were in prison these last four years and I had time to think, about you, about them. I put the pieces together. He meant that we were in love, real love. And I don't want to loose that, so, marry me ?" He said before standing up as she wrapped her arms around him. This is what Mike meant when he didn't know if she'd love or hate it, cause he didn't know what her views were on it. This is what her grandmother meant when she said she wouldn't turn out like the other Milkovich women.

"Answer" Veronica shouted excitedly as Missy looked right into his eyes and smiled, about to speak but the Alibi door burst open and her father, uncles and every other man in the family that wasn't her brothers walked in. "A party, without us" Terry shouted as Missy scooped Danielle up instantly and nodded at Carl. "I had her repeat everything in case she accidentally spilled something. I was going to say she saw it on tv" he said honestly as she pecked him on the lips instantly, she loved him, she always did. "Is that a yes" he asked as she smirked trying not to cry. "Fuck you is what it is" she whispered through tears as she nodded again and the trio went out the back door to enjoy their night Terry free as everyone brawled in the bar. This was it, she was engaged, back with the love of her life, finally happy ready to ask her brother to walk her down the aisle like he wanted her to do for him. For the first time in a long time Missy Milkovich had what she wanted and she wasn't letting go.

—————-fin —————-