9

One whole week passed and Bianca hadn't done a thing so Missy ruled it out as an empty threat. Danielle was still adjusting and often cried looking for Carl but she getting to know her mother and it was all that mattered. The little girl slept on a mattress in Missy's room while Missy sat upright wide awake, thinking, thoughts of Mickey's wedding were whizzing around her mind, she was trying not to ask about in to avoid the "you weren't here excuse" but at that moment, she wanted answers. Mike was sleeping softly next to her so she got out of bed and walked to the living room where Mickey and Ian were watching a movie.

"When the fuck were you going to tell me you two got married" she asked with her arms folded as Mickey scoffed. "You-" he began as she threw her hands in the air. "Weren't here. I got that one captain obvious" she shouted but Ian stood up. "He was going to say you're a pain in the ass. But just, hear him out" he said unbothered before walking out of the room leaving her and Mickey to talk.

"He's right. You are a pain in the ass" Mickey said blankly before sipping from his beer bottle as she sat down. "Why" she asked, just wanting an answer as he shrugged. "Because it was no fucking big deal. What were you going to do ? Walk me down the aisle from prison" he asked as her whole face dropped. "You were going to-" she asked as he shoved her. "Shut the fuck up" he said before going back to staring at the screen. "Everything's becoming too much at the moment Mick" she said honestly as he shoved the remote into her hand. "Click DVD, click Dear Missy. I can't deal with this shit" he said before walking into his room leaving her there staring at a black television screen.

She switched it on and clicked on Dear Missy just like he said. She was met by her mother on the screen, she looked so sick and it broke her heart. "Missy. Marissa. Mah-Reese-Ah. I love the way Albina says it. Mah-Reese-Ah" Shelley said to make herself laugh before taking a breath. "Uh. I'm sorry" she said before biting her cheek, trying to compose herself.

"Missy, I'm sorry that we're stuck in the same shitty town. I'm sorry you're stuck here, because you, you all deserve so much better. All six of you. Six. I mean I've always loved babies but six" she said through a chuckle but she sounded so defeated. Missy was just trying to stop herself from crying. "Terry's been a mess since I got my diagnosis. He's been drinking. He went to jail, county. For being drunk and disorderly and I had to pick him up. He slept outside for two whole nights afterwords. I couldn't have you seeing him like that. My Terry, can you believe that. I bet he's gone back to himself when your watching this. He's just scared of the idea of me dying. I told him though. I said Terry, you need to man up. I don't even want to think of the consequences of him not stepping up" she said while shaking her head before nodding at the camera.

"Missy. I need you to promise you'll live for yourself okay. Make yourself happy. Fuck everyone else. I've been trying to tell Mandy that for years but she's so invested in trying to get your father back on track and caring for your brothers and you. She loves you. If you have a problem and I-I'm not here. You talk to her, you're her little doll, god she loves you. Or your brothers. I see the way you roughhouse with them. You're like their leader or something. They idolize you. It's hilarious Miss, it really is. And Terry" she said with her head in her hands.

"He's acting like he doesn't care. But you're his little girl. He'd do anything for you. We're Milkoviches. Blood is everything to him. Anyway, if all else fails. You look right up at the moon. And I'll be standing right on top of it trying to fix everything. God, I hope you're okay. I told Terry to show you this if you were in doubt, scared or upset. Ask Mandy to make my cinnamon buns, you love them. I should give her the recipe. That's good thinking isn't it. God I love you sweetheart. My last baby. Mah-Resse-Ah" Shelley finished trying to make herself laugh but she was obviously hiding her emotions.

There were tears pouring down Missy's eyes at this stage. "Mom" she whispered while staring at the television until she turned around to see that Mike had cuddled up next to her. "I watch her tapes alone" she joked as Mike wiped a tear from his own eye. "Yeah well fuck you I'm not Carl" he said trying to compose himself as she smirked before kissing him as he pulled out the stuffed bear Veronica gave her from her childhood and she started crying even harder. "I just had to go back and get it" he said honestly as she kissed him once and continued to let the tears fall down her face.

"We need to figure everything out. We should go to the courts tomorrow. Get you full custody" Mike suggested as she laughed. "The courts giving a criminal back her kid" she said as they both laugh but he wrapped his arms around her. "We're going to be okay. I'm here for you. I've got you" he said trying to soothe her as she lay back and continued to sob. She was a mess.

Mike swore he saw flashing lights outside the window but wasn't going to say it, he said kept kissing her forehead and rubbing her arm until there was a knock on the door. "Bianca" Missy whispered before flopping back onto the couch so Mike went to answer the door. "Marissa Milkovich. I need you to come down to the station to answer a few question" the officer began as she internally screamed but wasn't going to show it. She wouldn't dare be seen as weak.