16

She'd just gotten home from Carl's, she went home to pack a bag and get her motor cycle. She was ready to go until she saw Liam sitting on the steps. She instantly got off and walked over. "Liam" she said confused as he stood up. "Can I live here. I have rent money" he said while handing her about 2 dollars and fifty three cents.

"Keep it. Uh. It's not safe in there. Why don't you go the park with Carl and Danielle until I get back and we can sort this out" she said as the boy nodded sadly and she knew she had to do the right thing so she walked up the steps and sat next to him. "I can a job if you want more for rent" he said as she shook her head. "Why don't you want to live at home" she asked simply as Liam shrugged. "Debbie said I could leave. And I thought. Ian lives here. And Carl lived here. And Lip kinda lived here. And Sandy lives with us now. So. All the Gallagher boys move in here. Don't they" he said while looking up at her as her heart melted.

"N-no sweetheart it doesn't work like that" she said while ruffling his hair as he looked down. "Oh" he said clearly confused. "I asked Debbie if I could leave and she said yes" he said trying to rethink everything as she nodded. "I don't think she meant it" she said as the boy shrugged. "I dunno. But. Can I just live here for a little bit" he said as sighed. "I tell you what. I'll take you to Kev and Vs. Much safer and closer to home" she suggested as she nodded about to hand her his money but she shook her head. "Keep it" she whispered as his eyes lit up.

"Really" he said in as she nodded. "I'll take you there right now. Hop on" she said as he shrugged and got on the back of her motorcycle. "Apparently Debbie said he could" she said while shrugging as she explained the situation to Veronica who nodded. "You leave to it to me. Both of you come in. The twins are making lemonade" she announced as the pair walked into the home

Old memories instantly starter coming back to her. She looked at the stairs and saw the first day she arrived. She sat there clutching a dirty old teddy bear and sat next to a half empty trash bag as her social worker talked about her more like an animal than a little kid who had just lost her family. But Kev and V were so quick to see through it. Every part of the house brought back a memory.

The pair walked into the living room where Amy and Jemma were painting a lemonade stand with Kevin. "Why don't you join in" she said to Liam who shrugged and knelt down so she followed V into the kitchen. "Carl brought Danielle over a few days ago. Glamma V she calls me. Isn't that adorable. Although. I'm way too young to be a grandma" the woman began as the girl couldn't help but smile. "Mike was here too" she said with an eyebrow raised as Missy just nodded. "I don't know what to say about that one" she said honestly as she got herself a glass of water. "Whatever it was. I'm on your side" she said through a shrug as Missy tilted her head. "You're one of my daughters. You mightn't be biological. But Kevin and I will protect and defend you until we die. You hear me" she said as she nodded. "You're not getting out that easily" she added as Missy found herself tearing up. It was all she ever wanted, a family filled with love. "I'm sorry I was a pain in the ass when I lived here" she said as Veronica shook her head. "We didn't want an easy kid. I liked Ethel but it was chores chores chores. We wanted what we got" V said as Kevin walked in.

"A pain in the ass you were. But I wouldn't have asked for it any other way" he said as she smiled and that's when the moment felt perfect. "Thanks mom and dad" she whispered as she tried to stop tears from falling down her cheeks. The couple stared at her with the jaws dropped and before anyone could say anything they could hear shouting from outside. "Missy. Missy. Come on" the voice screamed as she walked into the living room to see Mickey looking in the window so she opened the front door. "You saw that last night right. Mandy and her boyfriend. That was odd wasn't it" he said frantically as she nodded. "Come on then" he said while grabbing her wrist and pulling her down the street. "What are we doing" she said confused as he shook his head. "What we should've  done to all of her other no good boyfriends. I just want to see if we were seeing things" he began as she nodded so the pair walked as quick as they could to the house.

"And dads found his way back to the house" he said before dramatically kicking the door open and walking in. The room felt icy, there was definitely tension brewing but they didn't know who between. He shoved his sister behind him as they waited for something to erupt. They thought it could've been just them in the room until they head something smash. "That's bullshit and you know it" a male husky voice shouted before throwing something else. "That's bullshit and you know it. Don't fucking throw things at me" a female voice shouted as the man they knew to be Alexandre stormed out with a face like thunder and Mandy followed holding her eye and a jewellery box.

"I'm so tired of this shit" the man screamed as she shook her head. "Are you gonna hit me again. Fucking hit me" she roared as Mickey picked up a glass bottle ready to swing as Alexandre backed Mandy against a wall and punched a few centimetres away from her head, then threw all the dishes off the countertop so they smashed. Mickey and Missy looked at each other in shock, from what they knew the man was French and couldn't speak English. This told them the opposite. The man stormed passed Mickey and watched as Missy looked at him in shock. "Get out of the fucking way" he roared into her face as Mickey instantly squared up but the man stormed out of the house.

"W-what-what the fuck" Missy said trying to wrap her head around it as their sister started picking up pieces of broken plates. "Did he forgot to put the toilet seat down" Mickey joked as Missy sent him a cold stare which showed that sarcasm was the least they needed. "Jesus Christ Mandy, you don't have to put up with thus shit" Mickey continued, just as in shock as his sister and for a split second the pair saw how broken their sister really was. "It's not like I've got a line of guys waiting on my doorstep" she said through a shrug as Missy shook her head. "You could have anybody you want. Lip-" she began as the girl got agitated. "Lip has a kid. He's fine. I'm fine. I'm happy" she lied as Missy folded her arms. "You're going to let him drag you off to fucking France again. Away from us. What if we didn't walk in" she began as Mandy smirked.

"I never travelled. We lived in Idaho. I just ordered postcards online to make it look like I did" she said through a shrug as Missy looked at Mickey in shock. "We have to get rid of him. Look. He's gone now. Let's, let's I don't know. Carl works for the police" she began as Mandy laughed. "He's gone now, but he'll come back. He always does with flowers and chocolate and everything will be okay. His name isn't even Alexandre. It's Ben" she said on the verge of tears as Mickey threw his hands in the air.

"I've got to collect my half of the rub and tug earnings. Come with me, we'll have a drink. I'll get the boys" he said as Mandy got the sweeping brush and started sweeping as she shook her head. "Someone has to make his lunch and clean this up" she said while pointing at the floor as a bedroom door swung open and Terry walked out holding a gun. "Who the fuck is making all that noise" he grunted while pointing it at the three of them. Mickey and Missy were like two deer in headlights but Mandy didn't seem to care. "Marissa. Mickey" he said while nodding at them. He was sober, it was a rare sight but he often forgot everything he did so he didn't know why they were so uneasy.

"Didn't even come home to see your old man when he came out of the can" he snarled as he walked over to the fridge. "I don't have time for this shit. Mandy, are you fucking coming" Mickey said annoyed as the girl stayed still so he took his youngest sister and walked to the Alibi. "I'll give you your share" he began as they kept walking.