17

"Is Svetlana here" Mickey asked as Tommy said she was upstairs working, it was why Mickey kept her around during the years. "Yeah, well her son fucking needs her. Who even has him" he asked while looking at his sister who rolled her eyes. "Carl, we were going to the pa- Carl" she said about to ask Mickey for his phone since she didn't have one until Tommy spoke. "What happened Mick. Was the bust up with the pretty barmaid as bad as people were saying" he asked curious as Mickey scoffed. "No. Sisters boyfriend beat on her, got into it with him on the way" he said while inspecting his knuckles as Missy smirked. "Carl ?" Kermit said confused as Mickey shook his head and ordered them both a beer.

"What'd she do" Tommy asked curious as Mickey shook his head. "What do you mean what'd she do. She didn't do anything. I mean she hit him in the head with a-what was it" he said while looking at Missy. "A can of ham" she said blankly as he nodded. "A can of ham but that's beside the point. You don't hit women. Ever. Am I right" he said as Missy and a couple of other people raised their drinks. "Well. Fifty percent of the time I'd agree. But sometimes it's self defence. That's what happened in my wife. Matter of life and limb. Come on" Tommy began as Mickey and Missy looked at each other disgusted as people started agreeing. "Or if you ask them to do something two or three times" Paco began as Missy scoffed. "Ask me to do something two or three times. Lay a finger on me, I'll chop them off" she said while slugging back her beer as Tommy shrugged. "Not everyone was raised by a bear" he said while pointing at her. "No, people just don't stand up to you" she spat as he looked at taken aback.

"What the fuck is wrong with these people" he said to his sister who scoffed. "Hey, my girlfriend gets mouthy. If I don't slap her, how's she going to learn" the woman next to her said so Missy took her beer and started drinking it. The woman stood up but Missy just smirked at her, she didn't have to say anything because she sat right back down. "Domestic violence is inexcusable and I'm ashamed of every single one of you" another woman stood up and said but Tommy revealed that she killed her husband so no one took any notice until Svetlana came down.

"Where's the money" Mickey said confused as the woman yawned. "I gave it to Paco at the register like Kevin told me to" she said as he tapped Missy so the pair got up and walked over to the side of the counter where Paco held it shut. "This is deal between me and Kev. Last time I checked I was his business partner. She was his foster daughter. So it's between me, him and her. Not me, him, her and Paco. Move" he ordered as the man moved so the pair walked in. Mickey handed her a cut of the money and then she walked back to Kev and Vs, got her motorcycle and drove back to Carl's.

It was late when she arrived so Danielle was already asleep. "Where were you. I thought we were taking the kids to the park. Svetlana just picked him up" he angrily whispered as she shook her head. "Don't get me fucking started" she said loudly as he tried to shush her but it was no use. "I think I'd like to" he said through a shrug as she scoffed. "I got some money though" she said while putting the wad down on the chair. "Danielle's asleep. Keep your voice down. Svetlana said she saw you. Are you working for her" he whispered as the bedroom door and opened and the girl ran out. "Mom" she cheered before running into Missy's arms as the girl scooped her up and started watching television. "Don't fucking insult me like that again" she spat while shaking her head as he sat down on the couch next to them.

"You could've called " he said blankly as she nodded. "I haven't bought a phone yet" she said with her gaze on the television. "Where'd the money come from if your not working for her cause last time I checked you had time off" he asked curious as she shrugged. "Is there a need for the million questions Mister cop" she said while looking at him as he shook his head. She was feeling argumentative, she didn't want what happened to Mandy time and time again to happen to her. The Milkovich women were so unlucky in love. Albina killed her husband, her moms turned on her so quickly and Mandy never chose the right guy. She didn't want to fall into a cycle like them.

"I'm just curious" he said with his hands up as she put her daughter down and walked to the kitchen. "Well fuck you, don't fucking check up on me like that. Something came up" she hissed as his jaw dropped. "Fuck me ?" he whispered trying not to let his daughter here. "Yeah, fuck you. What even is this. Is it back to what it was. Is it friends. Come on, tell me" she said while shoving him as his jaw dropped. "What's gotten into you" he said in shock as she sighed. "Why aren't you shouting" she said confused, she expected an argument since that's what he seemed to want when she walked in  but he wasn't giving her one.

"Oh trust me. If Danielle was still sleeping I would but I was reflecting and I don't want my daughter to see me raise my voice at you. She'll think it's a normal thing in a relationship" he whispered as she smiled. "So it is back to what it was" she asked with her head titled as he shrugged. "I didn't want to pressure it but yeah if you want. But you've got to tell me. What the fuck has gotten into you. Where'd the money come from. Is it drugs again" he whispered while cupping her face as she burst into tears.

"For your information. Liam was on my doorstep with nowhere to go. Debbie let him leave so I brought him to Kev and Vs. Then Mickey showed up and i-it's Mandy. She's with another shitty guy. And she helped us so much and what can I do other than watch him drag her away to Idaho and if she's not near us how can I protect her. What if he kills her. I can't loose her Carl" she sobbed as he hugged her. "I'm a cop" he began as she scoffed. "I told her that. She doesn't fucking care. This man will run with her if you get involved. We have to fix it. Off the record" she began as she fell into his arms as he let her sob. She was exhausted. It had been a long day.