6

She arrived at Kev and V's in the best mood she'd been in since coming back. She was smiling like a Cheshire Cat and it only got bigger when she saw Mike leaning against their tattered wired fence. "You'll never guess what" she said as his whole face dropped. "You and Carl are back together" he said pretending to smile as she shook her head. "Better, he came to the diner and I left straight away but he followed me and he chased me" she began as he stopped her. "You let him chase you" he said in shock as she shushed him.

"And he told me he'd be in the park with my baby tomorrow and he was more or less hinting at me to come see her. And I'm going to-and-and you'll come won't you" she rambled on as a smile crept across his face. "Of course I will" he whispered as she smiled even wider before linking his arm and walking up the steps to her childhood home. Just as Mike was about to knock on the door she pulled back and took a breath. "I can do this. I can do this" she whispered under her breath as he turned to look at her. "You don't have to go in if you don't want to. You know that right" he said as she took yet another breath and knocked for them.

Veronica opened the door with open arms and wrapped the girl she considered to be her eldest daughter in the tightest hug ever and rested her head on her shoulder. "God. I would've done this the day you came back if you didn't have so much shit to deal with. How are you" she said before cupping the girls face as Missy's eyes teared up. "You have no idea how much I fucking missed you" she whispered as Veronica wiped away the girls tears and by the time they turned to say hello to Kevin, he was already engulfed in his infamous handshake with Mike.

"You were right Miss. He really was practicing. Kids a natural. Come here" he said as she ran into his arms and hugged him as tight as Veronica hugged her. "My baby girl is home. My family is back together again. The girls made decorations" he said as he led Mike into the kitchen but she stood there in the hallway, staring at the that one spot where she watched a woman bleed to death in her arms. "Are you alright" Veronica said while putting her hand on the girls shoulder which startled her but she walked into the kitchen which had a table set for kings. She smiled and looked at Amy and Jemma who had gotten so big.

"Mimi" Jemma shouted before running into her arms as Amy followed. "Do you know how hard there finding it to interact with people that aren't us. This is amazing" Kevin shouted as he motioned at the bucket of fried chicken at the centre of the table and told them all to dig in. They were recreating her first day in their care. "I found the old pigskin we first played with . I thought we could-" he began as she slammed the table and smiled. "We have to play now" she announced as he put his hand out for a high five and punched the air. "That's my daughter" he shouted as Veronica stood up and came back holding something behind her back.

She held out the old teddy bear Missy came to them with and tears instantly fell down her cheeks. "Scruffy" she whispered before hugging the bear as Veronica smiled. "He's falling apart now but he was your comfort item" she began as it all started getting emotional, confusing Amy and Jemma as they saw her as a biological sister. "Uh. How's the Gallaghers. I haven't seen them. Well, I haven't seen most of them" she said before stuffing her face as Veronica put down her cutlery before nodding at her.

"Fiona left. She uh, she needed to make a life for herself outside of raising her siblings and I'm so proud of her. But it's still pretty fresh. I miss her" she said as Missy smiled sympathetically at her. "Lip had a baby boy, Freddie" she began as Missy looked down at the bear. "I always thought he'd end up with Mandy" she said confused as the woman shrugged. "Ian and Mickey got married but you know all about that" she began as Missy's whole face dropped. "They-Uh-they what" she said while looking at Kevin who nodded. "I'm sure they must've told you. Your dad burned down the venue" he said, trying to jog a memory she didn't have as she tried to fight back tears.