21

Luke felt as if his life was over. He sat at the dining table, reading the email that crushed him on his laptop. The sky was a dull blue, the evening drawing near and night beginning to fall. All Luke wanted to do, was watch the moon and cry.

His shoulders slumped and he felt a bubbling in his tummy that told him he was about to cry. And he did. Big tears rolled down his face as he bit his thumb in an effort to remain silent. Ashton was taking a nap, he didn't want to wake his boyfriend, even though he needed comfort now more than anything.

His blue eyes shut close in a hurry, warm tears seeping through as his hands began to shake. This was bad.

Luke forced his eyes open and read that damn email over again.

Dear Mr. Luke Hemmings,

We are honoured that you expressed interest in our Bachelor of the Arts Marine Biology degree. Your grades, recommendations and extra- curricular actives were outstanding. It would have been a true privilege to have you enrolled in our university.

However, it has been brought to our attention that you have participated in pornographic videos. There were numerous videos uploaded onto the internet that involved you in sexually compromising positions where you perform indecent acts for the public. This violates the university's rule of decency and goes against our morals. Hence, we regret to inform you that we will not be accepting your application to read for a degree in our university this upcoming semester.

Best regards,
Students' Admission.

Luke felt betrayed, by himself. He felt as if he self sabotaged and he wasn't even aware. He should have been smarter and realize that if he put provocative videos on the internet, it'll come back to bite him. After all, nudes seem to be taking a surge on the internet and everyone becomes aware of it. How could he have been so careless?

Not once did Luke stutter, stumble or sit to think that his actions would come back to haunt in. In his defense, he thought if people saw his videos on the web, they'd be secretive about it and not tell anyone. After all, Luke doesn't talk about what porn he watches with anyone.

He put his head between his arms and left the cries come out, his shirt and table muffling the sounds.

He got into this career to change his life. He did porn to earn some money, get his parents out of debt and afford his degree, along with his diving hobby. Oh, that backfired marvelously.

The exact same thing he did to free himself from misery was the exact same thing that was chaining him down.

He heard some rumbling from the bedroom which was telltale sign his boyfriend had woken up. Luke hurriedly tried to fix himself and glanced at the time.

6:30

This was the time Ashton usually woke up from his nap so he can prepare dinner or go for a jog, depending on his mood. Luke hoped Ashton was in the mood for cuddles because he didn't want to think of food or being alone.

"Luke?" Ashton asked coming out of the room concerned. His lover was slumped on a wooden dining chair, face wet and eyes red.

"Luke," he said firmly pacing over to the young blond and taking him into his arms. He knelt on the hard floor and kissed Luke's golden hair.

"Ash," Luke crumbled turning his body into the older man's arms and sunk into his warmth. His tears soaked through Ashton's blue shirt as his fingers grasped as the material.

"Luke, baby, you're scary me," Ashton admitted rubbing his left hand over Luke's back.

Like half heartedly mumbled out Ashton's name again, unable to form words. Taking a cue, Ashton gently lifted the blond out of the chair and carefully placed him on their couch. He patted the hair out of his sobbing boyfriend's eyes and went into the kitchen.

Ashton stood at the sink and filled a glass of water, watching Luke out of the corner of his eyes. Luke didn't break down crying a lot of times so Ashton knew this meant something bad had happen. His poor angel, he hated seeing Luke like this.

He arrived back to the moping blond, handed the water to Luke who gladly took it. Ashton sat down next to him and wrapped an arm around his pretty boy.

Moments passed while Luke calmed his breathing down. The blond managed to control his body until his throat stopped burning and his eyes stopped watering. Licking his lips, he hesitated before speaking.

"My first choice university turned me down."

"What?"

"They were notified I'm a pornstar and rejected me. Said I violated some morality code," Luke said with his voice hoarse from crying so hard.

"I'm so sorry Luke," Ashton consoled hugging his boyfriend tightly. His heart tore a little to see Luke this upset but he couldn't help but the small smile that appeared on his face.

"Are you smiling?" Luke asked quietly, frown evident on his face. He moved away from the older man, almost as if he was recoiling from him.

"No Luke, I mean I'm sad," Ashton tried weakly. He gulped. Luke was staring at him, his eyes watering again.

"You're sad? You just smiled. You knew how much I wanted to get into this university," Luke pointed out, his frown growing even deeper. He could not believe his boyfriend right now. He was hurt and rejected and Ashton seemed happy about this, Luke honestly couldn't believe Ashton could be so... insensitive.

"Luke it's just that that particular university is all the way in Brisbane," Ashton said feeling his air running thin a little.

"I cannot believe you. That was my first choice university, with an awesome marine biology programme and a divers shop was nearby and they give lessons! You know this was my dream," Luke persisted getting off from the couch.

"Luke you know I don't want you going that far," Ashton began but Luke held a finger up to signify he was done.

"Luke don't get me wrong. I am sad you were rejected into university but that university was so far away. I want you here with me," Ashton said raising his voice a little. He took a step towards Luke but the blond immediately retracted.

"What about what I want? This degree means a lot to me. My career means a lot to me and you know that. I've told you countless times that I want to go there because they offer the best degree for a price I can afford!" Luke yelled. Now, Luke was betrayed. Not by himself, but by the man he claimed to love.

"I understand but all I'm saying is that if you're here with me, you can study in Sydney and we'd still live together and have our lives like they are now and I like where we are now," Ashton defended himself

"Degrees here are out of my price range and I don't have enough saved for that. And combined with diving gear and lessons are expensive. This was my best option and what was best for me and I'm hurt that the turned me down and I'm hurt that the man I love is okay with that," Luke cried, his voice breaking towards the end.

"I'll pay for it all!" Ashton screamed as he saw Luke move towards the door. The blond halted his movements and turned around in shock.

"It was never about the money! I am not with you for money and I never asked you for it. I accepted when I was vulnerable but I've made it up ten times over. Ashton I am with you for you and I don't need you feeling responsible for my finances," Luke snapped

"That's not what I meant," Ashton rolled his eyes. Luke was so impatient about this. Ashton just wanted to be in the same city as his boyfriend and live a happy life. Dishing out some cash won't hurt if Luke needed it.

"You're being stubborn," Ashton said and Luke scoffed.

"Have fun sleeping alone tonight," Luke bit back before walking out and the slamming the front door after him.

=•=

Whoop lashton are having issues. Who's side are you on? Ashton's or Luke's?

I meant to upload this days before but life is stressful but I hope you liked this chapter.

Let's say 35 votes and 10 comments for an update?

💕