6

"Thanks again for the cash," Luke blushed as tucked his small hands in his pocket.

"It's nothing really," Ashton said as they stood outside a coffee shop that was close to the company. After alerting Michael that he was no longer interested in doing quick cash, he and Ashton came to a coffee shop to grab a drink as Luke waited for the bus.

"But it meant a lot to me," Luke smiled so sincerely that any guilt Ashton had about letting money just slip through his fingertips went far away. For once, Ashton felt good. He felt alright and almost perfectly fine that he was the cause of Luke's smile.

That shouldn't be. He can't like Luke. He can't be happy around Luke. He can't fall for Luke.

Ashton Irwin never dated and never was in as much as in like with a person but then this awkward little blond came into his life and shook things up a bit.

"I get that," Ashton said.

"Just thanks," Luke replied

"Stop telling me thanks."

"Okay. It just makes me really happy that you helped me out," Luke expressed his gratitude one last time before giving his crush a hug.

"Oh, uh," Ashton stuttered not remembering the last time he hugged someone. He awkwardly wrapped his arms around the younger boy's waist and rested his head on his shoulder. He felt Luke smile into his neck when he felt Ashton respond.

After a few seconds, Ashton gently pushed Luke off him still not used to such closeness and gave him a shy smile.

"So when is the bus supposed to pass?" Ashton said trying to bypass the awkward silence.

"Um soon, I hope. Usually there's one every twenty minutes," Luke said looking up and down the road for a glimpse of the big bus.

"Twenty minutes Luke?! You can't stay in the cold for twenty minutes," Ashton said with a frown.

"I've done it before. Besides it's the only way to get home," Luke said sheepishly.

"That's fine. I'll drive you," Ashton said immediately pulling his car keys out of his pocket.

"No you can't," Luke replied eyes wide.

"Yes I can. Let's go," Aston said not waiting for Luke's approval. He was sick of fighting for Luke to take his offers. He might just take back his every word but then the image of a little blonde boy with the prettiest blue eyes waiting in the cold for a bus would haunt him.

He dragged Luke protesting and squirming out of his grip but he moved his hand down to Luke's and connected him, feeling the warmth of Luke's soft palm caressing his big rough one.

"Oh," Luke said mouth dropped open and eyes still wide with shook when Ashton joined their two hands. A little blush made its way to his cheek and any protests he made stopped. He smiled and let Ashton take him wherever he wanted.

"If you dare say thank you I will leave you on the side of the road," Ashton warned letting go of Luke's arm to unlock the Range Rover he drove.

Luke's mouth was still parted, looking at the expensive vehicle in awe. He ran his fingers along the door handle before gently pulling on it to open it and breathing in the scent of Ashton's typical cherry air freshener.  He let his fingers ghost over the smooth leather or the seats before he sat down and trailed his fingers along the console getting goosebumps on his arms.