Round 12

(Their night time view)
I somehow got through the whole school day without continuing that conversation with my ex-friends and also Michael. I packed my stuff into my shoulder bag and quickly made my way out the school. I don't know why I was rushing or anything though it just felt like the right thing to do.

As I was on my way home I passed by the dog park. I took a seat on the bench that was facing the park. I watched the owners playing with the dogs and the dogs playing with each other. I smiled at myself looking at how everyone in that area seemed genuinely happy with their life.

What am I doing with mine then?

"How do I have fun with life?" I asked out loud.

"Well, firstly you can learn to fix your stuck up attitude." I turned behind me and saw Michael with a serious face looking down at me.

"Why are you here?" I asked as he just shrugged

He crossed his arms over his chest, "Cause I knew you would go here." He said not adding anything to it.

"What are you? A stalker." I raised an eyebrow

He closed his eyes and let out a small sigh and went around the bench so he was now sitting next to me. "Then what are you a harasser hugging me all of the sudden," Michael said suddenly bringing that topic I was trying to forget about.

My face was getting red, "I told you to forget that!! I just happened to do that." I  said as I covered my embarrassed face into my hands.

"Then same goes for me. I just happen to know you would come here." He said right back at me.

I looked at him with annoyance. I stood up from my seat and started walking away. I have been surprising myself more and more lately. I know I want to stay and continue watching and talking to Michael but, my body is doing the exact opposite.

As I was walking away,  Michael grabbed onto my arm and pulled me up against him. My face was up against his hard chest,  I could even hear his heart beating fast. "Um, Michael why are you embracing me?" I eyed upwards, my glasses somewhat getting in the way.

"I don't know," He said gripping me tighter.

"You know people are going to think we are a couple." I tried to wiggle my way out but he kept a firm grip on me.

He chuckled a little, "Let them think that then." I don't know if he knew that it would be a big deal if I was caught or he didn't give two shits.

"But what if I don't want that," I said still having my head against his heart as it seemed to pick up speed.

He loosened his grip so I could properly look into his eyes as he asked, "Do you not like being in my arms?" Michael questioned

"I'm not saying that. I should be saying that I hate it and all but that isn't the case." I said finally relaxing into his arms and stopped trying to push my way out of it. Not like it was working anyways.

I could hear his heart beating even faster than before when I did that. By any chance am I really the one who is making this happen to his heart. I glanced at Michael and he showed no signs of him being flustered. I seriously don't understand this guy. "So be quiet for a minute and let me hug you." He said seriously, squeezing my shoulders.

I did just that and let him hug me as I said nothing. I just stayed in his chest listening to his heartbeat in my ear slowly getting slower and calmer but still rather fast. I wonder how nice it sounds, like an excited drummer is hitting it.

The heartbeat started to fade away as he let go of me. I raised my head to look at him and his face was almost indifferent. Or so I thought. I saw the little shade of pink growing across his face. I wonder how my face looks like. "Can I talk now?" I asked.