Round 9

(Michael's living room)
I followed Michael back to his house. I never thought that I would come back to this small house unless we were studying.

Michael unlocked the many locks and passed through the door, "Mom I'm back. I also brought a friend over if you don't mind."

As he said that I heard a loud gasp and heavy footsteps getting closer to the entrance. "FRIEND no way!!! Michael brought home a friend let me achoo... let me see." A middle-aged woman with visible wrinkles popped up in front of me said with a bright smile. But I could tell she wasn't feeling well. She looked me up and down then turned to Michael and gave him a thumbs up. "Great catch"

Michael rolled his eyes, "Mom seriously you are nowhere in the right shape to be doing that. Go back into the room and sleep. I will have lunch ready for you in a few minutes." He said walking past her.

"Party pooper," She said and winked at me as she went back into the room she rushed out of.

I looked at Michael and he had a pink face as he mumbled something in his hands.

"She seems energetic," I said not really sure how else I should react to that. And also what did she mean by good catch?

"Yeah I know sometimes I wonder who is the younger one." I took off my shoes and followed Michael into the kitchen and watched him put all the ingredients away. But I couldn't help but look around at the new room. I know it might sound terrible but, I have never been in a kitchen in my whole life. So all this was new to me.

He looked over his shoulders as he placed some cans in a cabinet, "Hyugo it's ok you don't have to wait for me in here. You can go to the living room and I will be right out there soon." Michael said

"Ok" I said leaving the room to go into the other.

I looked around and saw a couch and I sat on it. I was comfy and cozy, I quickly made myself at home and relaxed trying to put the whole thing that happened in school behind me for now. "So tell me about yourself."

"Ah" I yelled when I heard a voice from behind the couch.

I looked behind me and saw Michael's mom with her fingers up to her mouth "Quiet or he will figure out I'm not in bed. He is such a worrywart I must tell you." She whispered

"But shouldn't you be getting better?" I questioned

"And miss Michael's first boyfriend. You must be dreaming." She said as she lightly slapped my arm.

My eyebrows curled up."Boyfriend?"

"Yeah aren't you his boyfriend." She said turning to me.

"No I'm not but, then again I don't know what we are either," I said thinking about it. Are we acquaintances, study partners, or something else?

She was laughing to herself in a mischievous way, "Let me guess you are torn about if you view him as a friends or something more. But you are scared of it being more because you are in denial." She started to say her smile becoming bigger every second.

"What no. It isn't like that between us." I said waving my hands in her face. I think my face was getting red for some reason too.

"I know sweetie it's ok you don't need to li—-" She was cut off

From behind we both heard someone clearing their throat. We both slowly looked up at an annoyed Michael as he turned his glare to his mother, "Mom gets in bed right now or else you can just be eating Chinese delivery for lunch." Michael threatened.

Her face quickly changed into pure terror, "No anything but that you know I hate that places food." She pleaded

"Then stop bothering him and go into the room." He said pointing to the room.