Chapter 28 × Birds

(Fayore's POV)

"It's going to be so fun! I can't wait to show you the in's and out's of New York!" Sydney smiled, pushing a picture of New York City in my face.

"Yeah." I sighed, cuddling up to Fluffuls.

I really wanted to be excited about going to New York. I mean, I've only ever been in California. Heck, I recommended New York over Sydney's idea of Texas. I felt more of a pull toward New York then any other place.

I have always wanted to go to New York and see everything in person. The Big Apple, Empire City, the Melting Pot. Every title that New York holds expresses how amazingly astounding that state is.

And yet, even though I'm about to go to my dream state, I still feel depressed. I still feel sad and unwanted. As if he was my only hope in ever finding love and I ruined it.

"Sis, please stop thinking about them. I understand it's hard, but you need this. Remember, this is a trip for you to get back to the old Fayore Trahvin that everybody loves and adores." Sydney said, holding my shoulders in her hands.

I gave a sad, pathetic whimper, "Mr. Blane doesn't."

Sydney's head snapped to my eyes, "No. No, Fay. Listen to me. He is not Mr. Blane. He is Killeso, your Killeso. Normally, I would tell you to leave him because he hurt you. But he's your mate. You two will die without each other and I need my sister alive. This is a temporary stay. This trip is to brighten you back up and get you out of this Neglectia. This trip is not to run you away from Killeso."

"But...what if I don't want to go back afterwards?" I asked, taking a pack of mint gum out of my pocket and popping it into my mouth.

Sydney looked at me strangely and dropped her arms from my shoulders with a sigh, "Well then, we'll tackle that if we get there."

I nodded and looked around. The private jet we were currently in had a couch lining one side with a medium space in the middle. On the other side, where I was, were two large, comfy chairs with a table in the middle.

 On the other side, where I was, were two large, comfy chairs with a table in the middle

I then heard a phone begin to ring. Sydney and I left our old phones, but Sydney bought us two new, untraceable ones with her inheritance from her biological father.

Sydney looked at her new, rose gold phone and simply let it ring.

"Who is it?" I breathed, awe struck at the sky outside the window.

"My dad. I gave him the number to one of the two phones I brought. I might toss it when we arrive." She answered, quickly stuffing a piece of chicken into her mouth.

I could tell she didn't want to talk about that, so I changed the subject, "Birds have it so good."

"How so?"

"They can go anywhere, do anything. They can see the world as they please with whom they please. They have barely anything bounding them to one place. They mainly fly in groups, gaining protection and friendship. The birds who don't fly in groups probably feel lonely, exiled. Kinda like me." I answered, watching five bird fly backwards with content looks on their little faces. As if they know they can't be harmed as long as they're together.

"Wow, uh, hey, how about we focus on the good things, yeah? This is the first time you are going out of California. You're about to go to your dream state. Think of the positives." She stated, staring into my eyes with a small smile.

I nodded slightly and leaned back in my chair. The flight attendant soon walked over and I glanced at the woman.

Thankfully, this flight attendant didn't look like the mean ones I read about in books. She looked modest and had a professional air around her.

"Hi, is there anything I can do for you lovely ladies?" She asked, her tone kind and professional.

"Yes, actually. I want you to turn off this horrid jazz music and turn on some Melanie Martinez. I want full volume. Thank you."

The woman looked at me and when she caught my sad eyes, immediately nodded her head and walked away.

"My favorite singer. Why?" I whispered.

Sydney simply grinned, her black eyes sparkling with excitement, "I think this jet ride needs some fun."

Suddenly, Pity Party began to loudly play on the plane. Sydney stood up and began to dance all over around the aisle, swinging her hips and belting out the words.

"JUST MEANS THERE'S WAY MORE CAKE FOR ME! FOREVER, FOREVER! IT'S MY PARTY AND I'LL CRY IF I WANT TO!" She screamed.

Sydney then decided to grab my hands and pull me up as she danced.

"No no." I said, desperately wanting to dance to the amazing singer that is Melanie Martinez.

"Come on! Pleaseeeeee!"

"I don't wanna."

"Pleaseeeeee!"

Then, on the part where Melanie screams, I screamed loudly. I began to dance around with Sydney, flinging my messy hair and lanky arms everywhere.

The song was replayed and I sung along with Sydney. Sydney took a blanket and draped it over her shoulders, pretending to be a model.

I giggled and she immediately looked toward me with a grin, "One giggle down. I think I'm at step one of Operation:Get Back Fay."

I gave a tiny, almost non-existent smile and held in my giggle as she attempted to do a quick spin, but ended up hitting her hand on the edge of the small table.

She made bubbles with her cheeks as she sucked breath in and out, silently swearing to herself.

"My friends don't walk they run..." At those words, Sydney and I popped up and began to sing the words, pretending we were the Mad Hatter.

'I think this trip with sister will be good for us. You're not happy, but you're on the way there.' Elaine said, her voice weak yet you could hear her miniature smile.

'I agree.' Scarlett whispered, her red lipstick smudged and her eyes filled with painful rejection.

I think Scarlett is the second most sensitive out of the three of us, besides me. She has waited so long for her mate. I remember when she would stop me from talking to boys, saying that we needed to wait so that mate will be the only straight man in our life that makes us happy, besides papa.

"OH MY GOSH! I FOUND A PURPLE TOP HAT!" My sister screamed, taking the hat from her bag and placing it on my head.

I giggled lowly and resumed dancing, singing the lyrics and taking in the words.

Maybe I can go back to being happy.

××××××××××××××
I added Sydney to the character list at the end of the 'Things You Need To Know' chapter.

Short chapter, I know.

See yah.❤️