Chapter 47 × Lies?

(Killeso's POV)

"That's impossible." I immediately denied Magic and Charles.

There was no way that Yoko was ever apart of such a coven, not with her kind and caring nature.

When she first came to work for my family as a servant, she was only a kid, roughly around 12. She told me her family traveled to help different packs with Witch issues, that they didn't belong to any one Coven. Then, apparently, one day they were attacked while traveling and her parents sacrificed themselves for her, telling her to run before they got torn to bits by rogues.

She'd told me she ran for hours, looking for help and that was when she stumbled upon one of the homes my old Pack's maids lived in.

"It's true. Look at this picture." He showed me an old picture, seemingly the one the Vonel's had given to others as reference for their lost coven member.

It was definitely Yoko. She looked exactly how I remember her looking when Mila and I were first introduced to her.

"Yo-Yo wouldn't be apart of something so cruel." Fayore gasped, pushing the picture of a young Yoko away.

"Exactly," Magic stated, his tone logical and informative, "she was born into the coven. There are very few witch covens that allow witches who joined the Coven from the outside to lead them. So, if Yoko is Natalia's sister, they both had to be born into the Vonel Coven, since Natalia wouldn't have been able to become Coven Leader if not."

"Indeed, and seeing as she ran away and changed her name, she has to have information. A reason she fled. Why did she run? Why did she make sure she wouldn't be found by going into unknown pack territory? Why was escaping so important to her that she risked being mistaken for a common rogue and slaughtered?" Charles added, his eyebrows raising.

"I've also never seen her use any magic." Magic added, pointedly.

I clenched my jaw and looked between Magic and Charles, "My parents had a group of witches take her magic."

"Did you see them do it?"

"No."

Charles nodded and tsked, "Your parents were psychopathic liars, Blane. Little to nothing they said was ever true. Why would that be?"

I stayed silent to Charles' question. I wasn't an idiot, I know it adds up -the picture, the timeline. So, I guess there was a possibility of her not being from the family she said she was all those years ago.

I just couldn't accept it. I saw Yoko as just as much of a sister as Mila. I took care of them both for so long, practically raising them into who they are.

Even considering that my sister might've lied to me about her past causes me a pain I haven't felt before, and trust that I've felt many forms of pain.

"Should I formally request her presence here?" Magic asked after a few moments of silence passed by.

I shook my head, "No, I'll talk to her at home."

"Don't tell the others." Fayore whispered softly.

She hadn't said much after the Yoko bomb. It seemed as if she was trying to process the information just like I was.

"What?" Magic said, confusion on his face.

"Don't tell the other Powerful you found anything about Yoko." She repeated, this time her tone held more authority.

It was almost as if she was protecting Yoko, the way she spoke. She said it like they were bad mouthing someone of great importance to her.

I noticed that since she's woken up from her long sleep, she's been very protective. About me, about the baby, and now about Yoko.

'It's pregnancy. Motherly instincts. Mates said so,' Aeranian spoke, telling me the reason for the protectiveness that Fay's Erebusi and Demon had told him.

I smiled. It's good to know my mate cares about my family, but we do need to tell the other Powerful. That note was sent to the Powerful House, so they will be looking for updates.

It is also a matter that would need to involve multiple opinions on how to handle.

"Little Doll-"

"No, Daddy. It's Yo-Yo. We love Yo-Yo. If you tell them, they'll want to interrogate her and I don't think the others are very nice when they question people." I could literally hear the adorable frown in her voice.

I didn't respond to her words. On one hand, she was right. They were all very intrigued by the mystery of the Vonel Coven. Having a former member so close would incite them to push for an interrogation. They would probably be nicer than I would be under normal circumstances, but Fayore didn't know that.

On the other hand, having Ferdinand try to look into my parents connection to those witches who allegedly took Yoko's powers would be a huge help. It would give me more insight on the truth of the situation.

Even though I was thinking about it greatly, I already knew what my decision would be.

"We are the firsts you've told about this?" I asked the pair, to which they nodded, "Good. Keep it between only us. I will talk to Yoko, find out her truth. I'll update you two. You have a new job now, keep the others from figuring out any connection to Yoko. I will tell them after I've talked to her myself."

Magic and Charles nodded their heads in understanding and Charles stood from his seat.

"Magic go do that." He said, beginning his walk out of the room.

"Oh, and where are you going, old man?" Magic scoffed as he stood as well, placing his hands on his hips.

Charles stopped and turned to look at Magic with a smirk, "To mow the lawn. Your mama ain't got the same flexibility she used to, so I help every once in a while. Don't worry, we make it work."

With that, Charles walked out as Magic gagged. The wizard's face even got visibly pale before he ran out, gagging as he screamed to Charles to stop defiling his mother.

"What?" Fayore spoke curiously after Magic and Charles were out of ear shot.

"Don't worry about it, Little Doll." I chuckled, wrapping my arms around her waist and hugging her, being gentle on her stomach.

Now to figure out what to say to Yoko.

× × × × × × × × × × × ×
I don't know, man. Yoko seems too nice to be the imposter, but still-

 Yoko seems too nice to be the imposter, but still-

GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT 😡

See ya.❤️