Chapter 23: To Forgive And Forget Isnt That Easy

Shelli's P. O. V

I'm sat in the spare room at jade's where I've been for almost a week may I just add. Trying to not feel sorry for myself and failing. I've had to delete instagram and twitter since everyone has found out who I was because I was constantly getting messages. Random people I didn't know asking me if it was all true, threats, and girls asking me if I could get brooklyn to message them. Brooklyn. Such an important part of my life someone I thought I could trust basically just turned out to be like everything else in my life. A lie. One big mess of a lie that is just swollwing me up. Theirs a knock on the door and jade had walked in.
"are you just going to stay in here for the rest of your life?" she asks opening the curtains making me hiss. She looks at me in a way that says 'are you actually serious?'.
"if I'm in here no one can hurt me." I state simply as I sit up.
"no one's going to hurt you anyway they would have to go through me and you know that brooklyn wouldn't let that happen." she says sitting next to me.
"don't even say his name I don't want to think about him or r--- the other boys I'm done with it and I just want to forget that any of that ever happened. Plus you can't stop the online abuse you can report it but it doesn't stop them." I say looking her straight in the eye.
" you can't even say their names without looking like you want to cry shelli that's not healthy you always do this you just go in on yourself and don't even think to ask about the other side of the story. " she says.
"he does deserve my time." I say
"OK then what about rye?" she asks. "he didn't do anything wrong."
"he knew this hole time what brooklyn was doing. It's the reason he started to speak to me. He's just as bad as brooklyn." I say turning away from her. We're silent for a couple of minutes until she breaks it.
"shelli your just as selfish. You know I can see that what he did was bad but have you ever stopped to wonder that maybe there was a reason behind why he didn't tell you who he was? Why rye didn't tell you? Maybe you should look in the mirror and you may find your answers. " and with that she storms out of my room slamming the door. Maybe I have been selfish but then again what's new?