CHAPTER FIFTEEN ━ HAZEL AND CHA CHA MODE

Start from the beginning

"At least with them we didn't get electrocuted."

Poet, Diego, and Paris were all talking amongst each other, Diego getting to know the Capulets better. Based on the man that he presumed was Poet's brother, he finally got to see that Julian does, in fact, look like him. Diego finally learned that Poet, the Capulet that his father wanted everyone to be like and fight like, was just the way she is because of the things she went through in the past.

Poet's laugh was cut short immediately when she heard someone's thoughts that weren't Diego or Paris'. She perked up and caught the attention of the boys.

"What's wrong?" Diego asked. Poet focused on the voices. She remembered those voices. She immediately stood up and Diego and Paris followed after, worried about the girl.

"There's someone."

"It's probably Klaus."

Getting whatever excuse she could get, Poet nodded. But just to make sure it was really Klaus, Diego grabbed her hand and wrapped an arm around Paris' shoulder to lead them away from his childhood bedroom.

"I'm hungry," he said. "Are you guys hungry?"

"Starving."

Just as they walked out of the long hallway, they heard a noise. A noise that immediately made Paris and Poet to perk up. The trio immediately looked to their right, coming face to face with people in masks. Poet sighed, mumbling an "ah, shit" under her breath.

Poet immediately felt her hands glow red.

"Paris, run."

Gun immediately went off and Diego threw his knives, only for the knives to bounce off the masks. Poet shielded them, preventing the bullets from hitting one of them. Paris stayed, though, not wanting to leave his aunt alone.

They hid behind a wall and when Diego knew that they were closer, he came out from their hiding place and went to hit the one closest to him. Poet saw the other one with the gun and immediately went to shield Diego from her.

"Cha cha, shoot him," the man yelled.

"Get out of the way, dumbass."

Diego hit the man one last time in the stomach and ran away to shield Paris as Poet immediately headed towards the two, bullets being thrown at her.

"Make them see their worst fear!" She heard someone yell and she looked over her shoulder, staring at her brother who was watching everything with a worried face.

"I can't!" Poet yelled. "They have masks on!"

She followed after Diego and Paris as they both jumped on the couch and she used her powers to land on the floor. She placed her hands in front of the three from getting shot, the trio hiding by a cabinet. Diego stared at the portrait of his father, holes embedded in it.

"Did you get hurt?" Diego asked Poet. Poet shook her head before checking her nephew for injuries.

"I told you to run," Poet whispered to him as quiet as she could to not attract attention.

"Oh, yeah, like I'm going to listen to you when I know the type of situation you're in," Paris whispered back, just as quiet like her. They stayed silent for a second before Diego accidentally made a sound and bullets were off again.

Poet sighed again, placing a shield around them and stood up, she immediately shielded herself as well, heading towards them.

"Stay there!"

"You're gonna get hurt!"

She punched the man and just in time, Luther came and grabbed the other one. Allison came as well, helping her friend fight the man by kicking him.

"Poet make them see their worst fear!" Allison yelled out at her. Poet groaned, punching the man and taking away the gun.

"I can't!" Poet said. "They have masks on! Take them away and I'll be able to do it!"

The man grabbed Allison and Poet by their throats and Diego immediately came. Paris mumbled under his breath curses and sped towards Luther, helping him.

"Let them go!" Diego screamed, kicking the man's back. Poet raised her hand up as much as she could, a ball of energy in one hand. She inserted it into the man's chest. "Let them go!"

The man cried out in pain by the pain in his chest, but he didn't dare let go. It wasn't until Luther came that he let go, finally, and Paris immediately sped to his aunt, healing her neck just as he remembered learning. He then headed towards Allison, doing the same.

Allison stood up, patting the boy's arm.

"Who the hell are these guys?" She questioned.

"They shot me and Five," Poet said, catching the attention of the Hargreeves. "It seems like they're trying to catch him."

"You're welcome," Luther said, looking at his brother.

"I was doing fine."

"Oh, yeah, you really had them..."

"Ever hear of a rope-a-dope?"

Their argument immediately ended when they separated parts as soon as they saw the bullets fly by them.

They hid again.

"Hello?" They heard and Poet cursed under her breath.

"Shit. Vanya."