Rye

I am visiting my boyfriend, Rye, at his family house. We have been a couple for three years now and I have already met his family a lot and they are really kind and loving people.

As soon as I arrive at his house, I see Rye standing outside, waiting for me.
"Olympia." He says when he sees me.
I run over and hug him.
"I've missed you so much baby." He whispers in my ear.
"You saw me two days ago." I laugh.
"Way too long." Rye laughs.
The two of us go inside, where his family welcome me. They are really nice, like always. It's getting late and we start eating dinner together.

It's quite chilled, everyone is making small talk between themselves. At the moment I am talking with the twins about how their school stuff is going.
"You would be a great Mum." Rye says.
I smile lightly.
"I mean I have nothing against some grandchildren." Rye's Mum says suddenly.

Surprised I dropped my spoon.
"Sorry." I mumble. "Isn't it too early for this?" I add shyly.
Everyone looks at me.
"You don't want kids, with me?" Rye asks.
He seems upset.
"No, I mean yes, it's just way too early for this." I stutter.
Rye looks me deep in the eyes. He just nods disappointed and keeps on eating.

It's getting pretty quiet and no one is speaking or making jokes anymore. After dinner I am helping Rye's Mum in the kitchen.
"Honey listen, I'm really sorry, I don't want to rush anything. It's your relationship, not mine. It's just, I've never seen Rye that happy. I really think you are the one. He truly loves you and to be honest I do too." She apologises.
"It's okay and thank you. I was just surprised. I didn't expect it, we never talked about our future. I mean aren't we both way to young? Actually the reason I haven't said anything, is that I thought, Rye was too busy with the band. I mean they are super successful at the moment and I don't want to bother or hold them back. This band is his life and I don't want to be the reason that they fail or something like that. I know how much this all means to him." I explain and look at the floor.
"That's the reason?" I suddenly hear Rye say from behind me.
I turn around to look at him.
"Did you listen to us the whole time?" I ask.
"Yeah." He answers and takes my hand. "Olympia, I love you and you mean the world to me. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I know, that I shocked you a little. I know we haven't talked about it. It wasn't okay for me to say something like that." Rye apologises.
I kiss his cheek and wrap my arms around him.
"I love you." I whisper.
"I think I need to do something in the garden. Yes right." Rye's Mum says and rushes out of the room.

Rye and I laugh.
"She's so nice." I say.
"Just her?" He asks.
"Okay, yeah, your dad, Robbie and the twins are very nice too." I smirk.
"Your mean." Rye says.
We both laugh and end up making out in the kitchen.