Chapter 9

Taehyungs POV

I walked into school Tuesday feeling confident that Jungkook has been doing okay. I know he stayed at Jimin's one night and his house the other, but he hadn't called me to tell me that something is wrong, so it must be going okay, right?

I was thinking all was well until I saw Jungkook. He had more bruises then the day before and was limping, holding his side with one hand and onto Jimin with the other, who was leading him through the school. I immediately rushed over to him and Jimin.

"Jungkook, oh my gosh, are you okay?", I asked as I helped him on his other side. I could see a faint smile appear on his lips. Jimin, however, looked confused as hell.

"I'm okay", Jungkook smiled softly before turning to Jimin," See, I told you he's nice to me"

"I guess I stand corrected", Jimin said before shooting a quick glare at me," But don't you even think about hurting him"

"I wouldn't dream of it", I smiled softly," But kookie, what happened?"

"My dad was sober, meaning he had better aim and more strength", Jungkook sighed.

"Was he mad you left?", I murmured. He just nodded slowly," Okay, I'm not leaving your side he whole day"

"You have classes", he said.

"The I'll leave early and meet you at every class", I shrugged," No big deal"

"Okay, if you really want to", Jungkook chuckled.

"I can kill your dad for you too if I like", I smiled.

"Jimin already offered, I'm turning you both down", Jungkook chuckled.

"But it would solve so many problems!", Jimin whined. I laughed and so did Jungkook. Gosh, I love his laugh. Jimin had to go, so I walked him to class before going to mine. For the rest of the day, I walked him to classes, meeting him after each. At lunch, I sat with him and Jimin as well, who had warmed up to me throughout the period.

At the end of the day, I had offered to give Jungkook a ride home, which he accepted. We were at his locker, getting his things when he asked me.

"Why have you helped me the whole day?"

"What?", I asked.

"You've been nice and caring towards me since our second tutoring session, before you knew. Why?", He asked, shutting his locker. I ushered him outside and into the car, getting in as he did," Are you gonna answer me?"

"I like you", I said bluntly, staring straight ahead.

"Well, I know that. We wouldn't be friends and you wouldn't care as much as you do if you didn't", he chuckled, clearly not understanding what I meant.

"No Jungkook, I mean I like like you, as in I have a crush on you", I murmured. I looked over and saw his eyes widen.

"Oh", he said softly.

"Sorry if I made it weird"

"Have you ever liked anyone before?", he asked, looking over at me.

"Once, but she broke my heart. I haven't since", I said as I started the car and started driving, knowing Jungkook couldn't be late.

"Okay", he murmured," I'm not sure what you want me to say"

"I'm not sure I do either", I chuckled softly," I was thinking maybe we could be something someday... soon hopefully"

"Oh"

"Unless you don't want to"

"I don't know what I want honestly", He sighed," Can I think about it?"

"Of course", I smiled softly.

"Can you maybe pick me up an hour before school? We can talk, and I'll have my answer", he smiled softly back.

"Of course", I said with a big smile I just couldn't hide as we pulled up to his house.

"Bye TaeTae", Jungkook smiled, waving softly as he got out.

"Bye Kookie", I waved. I made sure he got inside okay before driving away, feeling relieved and anxious as hell.

Words: 651