Chapter 7

A/N Longer chapter of my shitty writing ahead... You've been warned.

Jungkook's POV

It was Saturday and I had about two hours before Taehyung showed up. My dad was out of the house currently, thank god, but I don't know when he'll be back. I went around and cleaned up all the bottles and glass I could, as well as straightened up the house and especially my room.

I wanted it to look nice for him.

I don't know why, I just feel like I need to. My viewpoint of him has changed so much over two days. After what he said yesterday in the library, I couldn't stop myself from thinking about him. I don't know if he was being truthful when he said those things, but I guess I'll find out sooner or later. I had put his number in my phone, although I don't know if I'm going to use it yet or not.

He's gonna end up finding out about the abuse one way or another, I'm sure of that. I don't know why I'm bothering trying to hide it, but oh well. I feel different around him more so then anyone else ever. I hate to say it, but I might be developing a small crush on him. No one besides Jimin has ever cared about me or what happens to me before and he might.

Maybe we could be something someday...

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard the doorbell ring. He was an hour early. I quickly went and opened the door after making sure I looked presentable.

"Come in", I smiled softly.

Taehyung's POV

"Sorry, I'm early. I didn't have anything to do, so I thought I'd just see if we could start a little early", I rambled, slightly nervous. I didn't know why I was nervous to be at Jungkook's house. Maybe it was because I was afraid I was gonna find out the truth about the cuts and bruises. Maybe I'm not ready.

But judging by the glass and bottles that he hadn't managed to hide, I might have to be ready.

"It's okay, I was getting bored anyway", he smiled softly. It was a forced smile, I could tell. He was nervous.

Jungkook led me to his room where we were to study. It was weird watching him walk around his house. It seemed as if he wasn't comfortable doing so. It was like he was scared. Some fucked up shit must have happened for him to be like this in his own home. He wasn't comfortable at all.

Things changed when we got into his room. He seemed more comfortable in here, less scared. This must be his safe space. I sat down on the bed beside him as he got his textbooks out.

"Jungkook, I meant what I said about protecting you, you know that right?", I asked, looking at him

"I wasn't sure, but I know now", he smiled shyly. I smiled at him before looking back at my textbook. We studied for the next several hours until we heard the front door shut.

Jungkook froze.

I saw the fear flash across his face, not hidden at all. The footsteps got closer until his bedroom door swung open.

"Who the fuck is this?", an older man slurred, obviously drunk, and reeking of alcohol.

"D-Dad this is Taehyung. I-I s-supposed to tutor him on Saturdays and after school, r-remember?", Jungkook said nervously and shakily. I felt so bad for him, so scared.

"Bullshit, he's probably just here to fuck you", his father scoffed," Which hole is he going in? Pussy or ass? Disgusting whore"

"D-Dad, I don't have that anymore", Jungkook said softly, tears threatening to fall. I was shocked to say the least. What did he mean anymore? Well, now wasn't the time to ask. His father walked over and grabbed Jungkook, smashing the empty bottle in his hand over Jungkook's head, which he shielded with his hand. I quickly came to my senses an pushed him away from Jungkook.