Chapter 8

Jungkook's POV

I woke up in Taehyung's arms, a comforting feeling. I slowly stretched and yawned, feeling his grip tighten around me. I smiled softly and leaned over, kissing his cheek softly a few times before realizing what I was doing. I quickly sat up, my eyes wide. I felt so comfortable around him, plus waking up in his arms, I guess my morning brain just thought he was my boyfriend for a split second. He stirred slightly and woke up a minute later.

"Good morning Kookie, how'd you sleep?", he yawned softly, pulling me back down to lay beside him.

"Good, how about you?", I asked with a smile I couldn't hide. I snuggled into him again and he held me close. It gave me hope that we could be something, but hope has never helped me before.

"Amazing, I like having something to cuddle other then a pillow", he laughed deeply. His voice is so hot and deep in the morning.

"Happy to help. I'm gonna stay at Jimin's tonight though, I need to tell him what's been happening", I murmured," Thanks for letting me stay here though"

"Please come back and stay whenever you want, it's kind of lonely over here", Taehyung smiled softly. I smiled and snuggled closer to him.

"I will, I promise", I said. I sighed and got up after a few minutes," I should change and go"

"Okay, I can take you to Jimin's. Please leave your stuff there though don't move back into that house with your father", Taehyung murmured, a pleading look on his face.

"I'll leave my stuff at Jimin's, but I have to go back", I sighed, sitting back down on the bed. Taehyung sat up and wrapped his arms around me. I leaned back into him and sighed. It felt so good to be in his arms. Then, he did something that surprise me: he kissed my cheek. His lips were so soft and felt so good against my cheek. I had never even had my first kiss, so this was a big thing for me," W-Why did you do that?"

"What? I'm not allowed to kiss your cheek once when you kissed mine more times then that?", Taehyung smirked. I blushed deeply.

"You were awake?", I asked softly.

"It woke me up. It's a nice way to wake up too, but only when you do it", he whispered in my ear. I blushed more and got up.

"I... um... I'm gonna go change", I stammered as I got up, grabbed some clothes, and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door.

***

After another hour, I was out of the motel room and out of Tae's car. I knocked on Jimin's door, who opened it almost immediately, hugging me right away.

"What happened?", he asked once we were inside and I was in his room. I sighed and explained everything, including that I wanted to leave my stuff here, to which he agreed fully," Wait, Kim Taehyung was nice and blew off a girl for you?"

"Yeah, he's really different around me than most", I shrugged.

"Do I detect a crush in the works?", Jimin giggled.

"If you have to ask, you clearly didn't hear the part about me kissing his face this morning", I frowned.

"Are you gonna tell him? Ask him out? What are you gonna do?!", Jimin squealed excitedly.

"I don't know yet", I said softly," Anyway, can I stay here tonight though?"

"Of course, you know you're always welcome here", he smiled softly. For the rest of the night, we talked and watched movies, determined not to think about what might happen when I go home tomorrow.

The next morning came sooner then I would have liked. It was Monday, but we didn't have school since the other three grades were testing, our grade wasn't. I walked home after hugging Jimin goodbye. After about a half an hour walk, I entered my home.

My dad was waiting in the living room for me.

Sober.

He walked up to me and grabbed my arm before taking a hard swing at my face and letting me fall to the floor, beginning to kick my sides. I was getting dizzier by the second.

"Maybe this'll teach you no to whore around and leave me", he scoffed before spitting at me and walking away. I couldn't even move so, I just passed out from the pain.

A/N Sooooooo this is a character development chapter? A filler chapter? I don't really know. Let me know what you think!

Words: 760