o

Wanda flew awake. She sat up from the recliner in Zatanna's room.

She scooted over to her bed, putting her hands on the sweaty girl's head. "Calm down." She uses her powers, as Zatanna's breathing slows, and her heartbeat lowers.

Wanda didn't have to do this, but she felt like she owed her kindness, considering she was the only one that, at the time, trusted her and her brother. Plus they were right next to each other, and running into her room 24/7 wasn't cutting it. Just sleeping in there, on the floor, or in the chair worked for her.

She lays back in the recliner, and lays down. It was the best, because after almost 2 months of doing this, she'd found the lever a week ago.

————

Zatanna wakes up, and looks over to her right, looking at a sleeping Wanda, lightly snoring. She stands up, walking over to her, and putting the cover on her body.

She grabs some sweatpants and an Iron Man t-shirt. Readying herself for a showere, she walks into the restroom, and turns the knob. She waits until the water is piping hot to add cold water.

The warm water brushes her body, as she rubs the soap bar on her skin. After several minutes, she dries herself, before dressing up, and turning off the bathroom light.

She walks out, and sees that Wanda hasn't woken up yet. Zatanna goes to the kitchen, and takes out a pan, and begins cooking some sausage patties, and warming up the cold biscuits she made yesterday morning.

"Rough night?" She hears a voice say, before she looks up, and throws her arms up in a fighting stance. "Oh, it's just you." Steve has an amused smirk on his face, grabbing a fresh apple. "Why do you think I had a rough night?" The girl asks. "Wanda wasn't in her room again, Vision checked. What are you guys even doing?" He asks.

"Nothing. Why does it matter?" She was wondering as to why Steve was even interested. "I just-you've been acting strange I guess." He leaves the kitchen.

————

Zatanna continues to punch the punching bag.

She knows her knuckles are bleeding, and it was hurting, but she didn't care. She kept punching harder, and Wanda walked into the training room.

She kept thinking of what happened. She blamed herself. She killed that guy. She was weak, worthless, undeserving of anyone's help. "Are you alright?" Wanda asks.

"I'm fine Wanda." Zatanna barks, making Wanda flinch slightly. "Are you sure?" The witch asks, putting her hand on the hostile girl's shoulder.

Zatanna shrugs her off. "I'm fine." The look on Wanda's face makes Zatanna feel guilty. "Ok, well, I'll see you later." She starts to leave the training room. The magician continues to pummel the bag so hard, her hand ends up cracking very loudly. "Ow, fuck!"

————

Zatanna wrapped her hand right after and moved on like nothing happened. Wanda knew, but the woman didn't want to pester her friend any longer.

Hand to hand combat with an Amazonian princess was her current activity at the moment. Zatanna swings at the older woman, missing, and Diana punches her in gut. Zatanna coughs out blood, spitting it on the mat.

"Remember, your target is my face." Natasha walks in, and they continue fighting. Zatanna continues to throw punches, all of them being caught by Diana. She catches the other girl's arm, and flips her on her back. "Focus!" The magician stands up.

The warrior's eyes look to her left, eyeing Natasha who had a small smirk on her face. Diana smiles as well, Zatanna rolls her eyes at the two, before punching Diana in the face.

She falls to the floor, holding her probably broken nose, and Natasha snickers. "You said 'aim for your face' right?" Zatanna smirks, pulling off the boxing gloves, and throwing them on the ground, leaving the room.

"You alright?" Natasha asks, laughing. "Yeah, I was just distracted." Diana says, looking into the assassin's eyes, before tripping on air, and falling on the ground again.

________