And, his obsessiveness was just a bit off-putting.

"It's good to see you again, Mrs. Florentine, I'm glad you came," Liliana thanks the older woman and Mrs. Florentine nods. 

"I'm quite excited t'be here. I've never been to th'palace before!" she beams, although it seems slightly strained.

"Is...is everything quite alright, Mrs. Florentine?" Liliana asks, concern coming onto her face as she steps closer to the older woman.

The Florentines exchange glances.

"Well...on the good side, we were able to bring back the house to a complete state of repair. Reginald was kind enough to send over some money to help with repairs," Amelia awkwardly informs and Mrs. Florentine frowns. "On th'worse...Katherine hasn't been home for a while now, 'nd hasn't written for a couple o' weeks."

Liliana frowns at this. Did Katherine possibly run away if she was rejected? Or maybe Reginald is still visiting her as a mistress and Katherine just needs to stay on the down-low with the wedding coming up. "I'm sure she's alright...maybe she's busy at the clinic?" Liliana suggests.

"Possibly..." Mrs. Florentine trails off. "But if not, we'll file a missin' persons report wit' th' Church. They seem t'find them more of'fen than th'military does."

"But we hope that's not the case," Amelia says, comforting her mother, "we plan on visiting the clinic on the way back. Then, if you'll still have me, I'll come back and work as a maid here."

Liliana's eyes widen in surprise, "You'd-" Liliana coughs, noticing her voice had risen a pitch, "you'd still wish to work for me?" Liliana asks and Amelia's brows furrow. "Of course, do you think I'd forget all about you in a month's passing?" Liliana smiles lightly as an overwhelming feeling swelled from inside her gut.

This is...guilt. 

"I'd be happy to have you as my Head Maid."

What was I supposed to do with Amelia after the plan was enacted? Would she even want to be a part of this whole mess? What happens if  I was to fail, would Amelia be executed?

Excusing herself, Liliana went up to Reginald and then practiced the reception and afterward the waiters brought out dinner and the hall ate. The group had already practiced the wedding a few days back with just the necessary people and it went well enough. From here on out, it should be easy until the wedding day.

After dinner, everyone retired, and Reginald escorted Liliana back to her quarters for the night.

"Dear..." he says, "I have just one more surprise for you. It took a bit of planning, but I organized it and wished for you to see it while it's still fresh."

"You didn't have to," Liliana teasingly replies and he smiles shyly. "Care to accompany me to my room for a moment? Nothing shall happen before our wedding night, do not fear."

Liliana nods and he guides her by the hand to the room next door. He held her hand delicately as if he was afraid it'd break in his grasp.

"Men, we'd like total privacy," Reginald demands and the guards nod knowingly. The guard on the left opens the door and the couple steps inside.

"This will be your room soon, so please, be comfortable," Reginald informs as he closes the door behind him. Liliana enters the gilded room, sitting lightly on the edge of his bed.

"It's quite a lavish room..." she breathes out, looking at how gloriously detailed everything was. He chuckles, "Only the best for my Queen and I. Now...close your eyes, while I set everything up."