Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

I heard the sound of shuffling from the phone. He was probably getting up from his bed. I felt bad for waking him up in the middle of the night, but he was the only person I knew and trusted and he was Sana's close friend too.

"She's at her grandma's house," I answered.

"I'm coming to get you and then we'll go to get Sana," he said.

"Okay. I'm waiting," I said.

We both hung up.

It'd take a little time for him to get ready and come here. So I decided that I should wait inside my apartment. It was too dark outside and the sudden sounds of someone's dog barking scared the hell out of me. I jumped upon the loud bark, my heart racing.

Hurriedly, I climbed up the steps. I turned the doorknob, realising that it was locked. My eyes widened in horror. Oh my God.

I checked my coat's pocket from keys, but they were empty.

"Shit shit shit. Oh no. How could I lock myself out of my apartment?"

I face-palmed. I felt like slapping myself too for the stupidity. As I was mentally reprimanding myself, I heard another bark and I almost had a heart attack.

Deep breaths, Eun Hee. Deep breaths.

I chanted it like a mantra in my mind and tried to take deep breathes.

Dogs were cute and all, but I was scared shitless whenever a dog came near me, especially after Sana's dog –a German Shepard– made me run kilometres, until Sana stopped him. It was a near death experience for me. I never went close to her dog after that. Or any dog as a matter of fact.

I didn't really have a good experience with dogs and right now, I was locked outside with nowhere to run, if the dog decided to pay me a visit. I shivered at the thought.

Seo Woo. Please hurry up. I don't wanna die.

I silently prayed.

After what seemed like an eternity, but were merely five minutes, Seo Woo's car stopped in front of my apartment. I let out a sigh of relief. As soon as he climbed out of car, I ran towards him, embracing him in a death grip.

He let out a chuckle.

"Thank God. You're here. I thought I was going to die," I said, my voice muffled.

"I'd love to stay like this, but you're...kind of killing me here. I c-can't breathe, Eun Hee," he said.

I immediately too a step back before I choked him to death. My eyes widened and a blush spread across my cheeks.

He took in a deep breathe.

"Sorry," I said.

"It's okay. But why did you think you were going to die?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I'll tell you everything. But first, let's get going. Sana needs me," I said.

He nodded.