Chapter 56: A change in seiyuu that sealed his fate.

Start from the beginning

Also, is that a woman on her other shoulder? I mean, there was only one woman in the scrolls Ludovica's people provided, so who is that?

"Master, I have returned. Here is the prey you requested. Most importantly, the food I have brought will not disappoint you, Master. It is good."

Says Jules with a proud shine in her eyes.

"Fufufu~~, Jules is quite the amusing maid."

Yes, she is, darling.

I like her honest way of expressing her priorities.

"Indeed, just like you, dear~~."

Heh, yes, you could say that.

In any case, let's reply to her.

"Hooh~~, then I shall trust those words and enjoy it after we are finished with this."

She nods at my words while giving her candy fruit another bite and then goes to put the man she captured in one of the free chairs.

By the way, Sophie is already finished with that since she did that while I had my little exchange with Jules. Also, I swear that I heard her humming a bubbly song while she did that. Like...it felt almost anime-like, you know? But I can't pinpoint it.

"You seem awfully happy, Sophie? Am I correct in assuming that it is because you had no problems while completing your task?"

"Hii!"

I approach Sophie and bring her back into reality by whispering such questions into her ear, startling her.

"O-of course, M-master! I had n-no problems!"

She stutters here and there as she answers my question with a nervous smile.

Still, do I have to say it?

"Haaa...are you sure, Sophie? No problems, at all?"

Seriously, it is obvious that this girl is at least hiding something.

"..."

"Sophie..."

I start staring at her, and I seriously feel like a parent waiting for their child to confess that they were the ones who broke grandma's vase or something like that. Also, Nana would've destroyed me if I did something like that.

Back to Sophie though, she is trying to evade my gaze by looking at anything but me.

"..."

Is she seriously not going to confess?

Have I done something to her to warrant this distrust? I do not think so...

And I can feel that I'm starting to shake my head in disappointment...

"Wa-wait!"

Or not, because Sophie just exclaimed that.

"I...ugh..."

She groans, looks at the ceiling, at the floor, at me, and then she takes a deep breath as if preparing herself.

I-Is she going to do it?!

She is going to take responsibility?!

"...I got lost in the tunnels on my way back here..."

Hm? That doesn't sound so bad. I mean, I bet I would get lost too if I didn't have my instinct and so on.

"...I also went to my house before going to look for my target..."

Ok, that's not a problem either. Because, well, it is indeed the hometown of some of the maids. It would be rude of me if I were to not let them check on their houses and all.