Crescent 19: Heaven's Gathering Clouds..(2)

Start from the beginning

Taking all this into account, you'd think he might have some grievances towards the man. But no, - he wasn't aggrieved by the old man, he resented him.

If he ever returned, Arafat wanted to meet with him, so he'd flow his mind out to him!

Thus, even though it seemed strange his father was in the masjid (for all his nonreligious self), Arafat was caught with emotion, and that was all the Uncle had to use to bring him to the masjid gates he had never once stepped in before.

Gosh! He didn't even know the way to the masjid, where his own dear uncle was the caretaker!

As to how he came to be tied, when he had inadvertently come to realize the real reason for his being there, he automatically took the initiative to say the 'Au revoir'. Little did he know his sly fox of an uncle had prepared for that situation as well.

The man didn't hesitate to drag him to the nearest pillar, and tie him down. He couldn't really even put up a struggle against the old man. He had never known he was that strong. Damn! He'd even had a rope in his robes for that purpose.

In the end, all he could do was rave, and use curse words in the holy sanctuary. Lucky for them, not many worshippers had come, and he had been tied a little further behind or their prayers might have been rendered void by his incessant profanities.

"Long story.."He finally muttered.

From the West my foot! His uncle had blatantly lied to him. Where was the shame of the religious devotees then?..

Arafat sighs. Seemingly resigned to his fate, he looked down dejectedly, and muttered something inaudibly.

Arkaan decided to speak up. He'd already been briefed about this boy, but who would have known it'd be this bad. It was like he was actually being oppressed just by being in the masjid.

"Oh yh.. I know. I just - never mind. I'm sure the one who tied you up would soon release you."

Arkaan didn't know who did that, but he was guessing 'definitely not Ukashah.'

And Zak was with him throughout, so he could only rest his guess on that one person.

If it was him, he'd rather not interfere. It could then be something of a family issue sought of. Arkaan rubbed his cheek as he thought of these.

Wait! Arafat suddenly looked up at the green-eyed boy. From the West..

He smiled wearily. The old fox had cryptically deceived him. Okay, since this is your foreigner, he did take his rant out on him.

On second thoughts, escaping here was rather top priority.

"Pobre chico(Poor boy).. Didn't know you were also blind, not only dumb."Arafat smirked in derision, looking directly at Arkaan. To Arkaan, it seemed because he was outwardly not bothered by the guy's insulting attitude, he'd decided to just go on.

"Geez, its like you're not getting the fact that there's a human tied here against his rights. Dude, you could still salvage your sense of humanity by untying me. That's if you've any." He moked. But in reality, all he was trying to do was see, whether Arkaan was foolish enough to let him go.