23

Shab's POV

Suddenly I could feel everything. Like all of my senses came to life. I could smell a foul smell. I could feel the hot temperature. I didn't know why I wasn't feeling all this. I looked around and found myself in an entire different place. We were in a secluded area. Surrounded by trees. It looked like we were in the middle of a forest. It was really dark but hundreds of candles were placed in a circle surrounding us.

I was watching the whole scene unfold in front of me. Both of them, those monsters. Their whole attention was on Rayan. I was caught offgaurd. I didn't want to believe this. Rayan is an enchanter too? My gaze shifted to those monsters. My mother is a snake? And HE is some ghoul. I felt disgust. I was so angry and hurt. I couldn't think straight. Rayan turned his head towards me and I ran towards him. At that moment I felt like nothing could stop me from being with him. Nothing could stop me from being his.

But suddenly I fell face first. I closed my eyes as I felt my corners of my eyes prick. I punched the ground, frustrated that I couldn't even do this! I am such a fuck up. I felt hands holding me. Slowly lifting me up. ' Calm down Shab.' My dad whispered. Rayan rushed towards me a worried look on his face. I looked up to see that Snake laughing at me. I clenched my jaw.

'How could you? Huh? How could you do that to your own daughter? What did I do to you? What was my mistake?' I was screaming. I couldn't hold my tears back anymore so I let them flow down my face. She looked at me with a smirk plastered on her face. 'She is not your mom Shab.' Rayan said. And thats when I really looked at her. There was no way Rayan would lie to me. I took her appearance in and realised that she really wasn't my mom. Where is my mom?

'Shab listen to me, we will try and stop them from coming behind you. You, run. Whatever happens do not look back. Okay? Just run.' My dad looked me in eyes and sternly said. 'B-but dad. Where is mumma?'

'Shab please understand right now is not the time! I'll explain everything to you once we all are safe okay? And this place is not what you are thinking it to be.' He kept staring at me. Trying to make me understand how desperate he was to make sure I was safe.

I nodded. It didn't make sense. Nothing did.

_____

Farid's POV

I was watching as once again HE was tricking my daughter. I looked down at my feet banging at the cage. I don't understand how this happened. Enchanters are powerful. No one can ever defeat one if the enchanter they are fighting is well trained and pure at heart. Our weak point here is that HE and the other monster get power by sacrificing people. They drink their blood and get their powers. The souls of all the people sacrificed become their slaves.

The 'slaves' can not do anything against their 'masters' because they are under their master's control. The souls can show themselves or stay invisible according to their master's will. They can change to anything, anyone. And right now they have changed to me and Rayan.

We both were shouting but she couldn't hear us. How could she after all HE controlled her senses. I cannot let HIM do this to my daughter. HE is doing all this to make her believe that she has no one. That would break her. Make her submit herself to HIM.

We were right in front of her. But she couldn't see us anymore. HE could make her see stuff that didn't even exist. While trying to tie her soul back to her body there was a brief moment when my protective spell broke. HE took advantage and got to her.

We were at an abandoned place somewhere in a forest.

I shouted her to run right in to the monster. The monster is the door to her freedom.

This is all an illusion. An illusion created by HIM. Before he saperated Shab's body and soul. He created this place by spells. To keep her here. If Shab could've tried. She would've run straight through the walls because the walls don't even exist. But as soon as she ran through the wall trying to get out of the room she'd enter another one with same things. Even the lights and fans would match the first one. This illusion was created by our ancestors to hold the prisoners. There was no way anyone could escape that. To escape one of these you'd have to be a king or a queen, or someone who was close to them. Someone they trusted. Only they were granted the 'key' to get out of these prisons. The key was actually a spell.

When these kind of places are made, there has to be a door. The creator could decide where the door could be. I know HE is the door to this because HE knew that Shab would never even go near HIM. Let alone run through HIM. I just hope she doesn't believe those people. I just hope she understands that they are not us!

____

Enjoy guys ❤

Sorry for the lack of updates. I am just losing the motivation to continue this book. But I will complete it. No matter what. Just please be patient with me. I want to give my best. Thank you for sticking by. I love you all!