Chapter 9

[Emma]

"I'll keep an eye on him" my dad said outside the sheriff's station "Go and have some rest"

I was at my house again and alone, Henry was staying with Regina since the car accident. It was past eleven in the night but I felt the urge to take a bath and clear my mind.

I let the warm water cover my utter body as I put my hair behind my ears massaging it with my hands. I didn't want to think about anything or anyone at the moment. I wanted to relax, trying to convince myself I wasn't going through a crisis.

After washing myself I covered my body with a bathrobe and made a ponytail with my still wet hair. I walked to my room and opened the wardrobe pulling out the big white box. I stared at it for at least fifteen minutes until I decided to open it.

Shit. There came the tears and feelings that invaded my soul once more. My hands caressed smoothly the wedding dress whilst I remembered the day of the proposal.

"Would you marry me?"

Killian's words resounded inside my head all over again. Now our possible marriage was nothing but a broken dream and an illusion of a life together.

My Killian Jones was gone. I began to doubt if I was ever going to get him back, if I was ever going to feel his gentle touch on my skin... If I was going to taste his tender lips again one day.

I stood up. That was my price. The price of being the savior.

I'm never gonna have a break, much less a happy ending. I'm just a woman whose only task in her life is to save people. To be more specific, I'm just useful to break curses. I may bring happiness to others, but the consequence is no bliss for me. I will spend the rest of my life suffering and having my heart broken. There's no space for love and marriage for the savior. This is my curse.

Suddenly I realized I was sitting on the floor with my arms around my bent legs. I inhaled and exhaled trying to calm my anger. After a while I put on my pajamas and went directly to bed.

The following morning I woke up around eight. I tilt my head to the left side and saw my wedding dress.

"Emma Swan" I said to myself "You're an asshole if you think you're gonna give up on Killian"

---

"Ah! Look who's here. The Swan girl" Killian said sarcastically as soon as he saw me setting foot into the station. He was sitting on the small bed with his head resting on the wall. For being technically under arrest he looked calmed and unworried.

So he wants to play like this? Fine. Let's get started.

"Emma, are you sure you wanna do this?" David asked in that fatherly tone as he walked to me .

"I am" I said trying to sound confident.

"Call if you need me" he said before leaving the building.

"I brought you breakfast" I said handing Killian a paper bag through the cell.

"I'm not hungry" he replied without taking his eyes off me.

I limited to shrug and left the bag on the desk. I stared back at him.

"So tell me, love. Why am I locked in here?"

"Isn't it obvious? You entered illegally to a house and attacked the Golds"

"The Golds?"

"Rumple and Belle. Oh, and let's not forget you tried to strangle me" I crossed my arms as Killian chuckled ironically.