Chapter 6

[Killian]

The woman's face turned pale. She covered her mouth with her hands and looked at me petrified.

"No. No, no this can't be happening!" She yelled.

"I-I'm truly sorry... lass, but I don't know what's going on here" I said, trying to calm her down. I didn't want to prescience how she became more hysterical.

"Killian" she was up to tears and breathing fast. "Your name is Killian Jones. You used to be a lieutenant but became a pirate. Then you became Captain Hook. You had a ship called "The Jolly Roger" which you traded for a magic bean so you could come rescue me at New York. We are-"

"Hold on, hold on. Are you even listening to yourself? A pirate? Magic beans?"

"I know it sounds insane. But it's the truth, Killian. You are my-"

A group of nurses rushed into the room and took the lass away. She was screaming to them. She complained that she wanted to stay with me but they didn't let her. That woman gave me a headache with her senseless speech.

And then...

Silence. The room was left in complete silence. I closed my eyes and tried to understand the situation. My mind was betraying me. Who was I? Was that lass saying the truth about me? No. It couldn't be possible.

Concentrate. Try to remember.

I spent the following minutes trying to focus. But it was in vain.

"Killian" a man's voice interrupted. I opened my eyes. "I'm Doctor Whale"

"Killian" I repeated. "Is that really my name?"

"Indeed it is. How are you feeling?"

"Bewildered. Horrified" I glanced at my left arm and got paralyzed for some seconds "My hand"

"You... lost it long ago" he answered.

"How?" I asked.

"Doesn't matter right now" I felt he was hiding something about it. However, I changed the topic.

"Why did I forget? How could it happen?"

"You were in a car accident and your head received a harsh hit"

"Will... Will I ever remember anything?"

"We do hope so. Patients with the same problem as you usually get their memories back with time"

"Usually? So there's still the possibility that I don't. Isn't it?"

He nodded. A nurse entered into the place and whispered something to the doctor.

"I'll be right back"

"Dr. Whale" I called before he left "The woman who was here, the blonde one. Who is she?"

"Someone who really cares about you" and he closed the door behind him.

My head was hurting. I wanted to scream and get out of there as soon as possible. It was a lot to take in. I wanted to remember. I wanted to understand what was happening and who I was.

Or maybe for some reason... It was the best if I never did.

---

[Emma]

The nurses sedated me after I had the panic attack and put me back at the stupid white room again. I wasn't wearing the damn gown thankfully. Whilst I was under the effects of the sedative, I was unable to feel the sadness and desperation that took over me when I noticed Killian was no longer there. I mean, physically he was, but not mentally. As soon as the effect disappeared, I felt how the feelings came back to me as painful as gunshots.